Movie Whiffs

Started by pyro-manic, June 22, 2011, 03:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyro-manic

I watched a pretty good film last night, called "The Losers". Apparently it's based on a graphic novel, and it's about a group of spec-ops soldiers who get betrayed by a top CIA man. Anyway, it's got a few interesting "what-ifs" in it, namely a Super Puma helicopter in US Army markings, and a Mig 21 that carries out the airstrike at the start of the film (supposedly an American aircraft, as the main characters laser-designate the target at the start). Both in interesting colours, indeed the Puma wears more than one scheme, playing the part of two different machines in the film.

Mig:

Puma 1:

Puma 2:

The Puma turns out to be this one, owned by the Puerto Rico Electrical Power Authority: http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=N5800Z&distinct_entry=true

EDIT: Ugh, stoopid screen-capture thing has messed up the aspect ratio of those caps. You get the idea though. :banghead:

I'm pretty sure the Mig was CG, and you never get a really good look at it. Still interesting though.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

IMPD, The Internet Movie Plane Database is great for this.  Clcik on the left, browse by movie or aircraft type
http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=The_Internet_Movie_Plane_Database
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Mossie on June 23, 2011, 04:03:20 AM
IMPD, The Internet Movie Plane Database is great for this.  Clcik on the left, browse by movie or aircraft type
http://www.impdb.org/index.php?title=The_Internet_Movie_Plane_Database

Oh nice!!  :bow: Going to get lost in that for hours on end  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Mossie

I know what you mean!

I started an Airfix Shar 1 a few days ago to knock together quickly, but I very nearly did an Academy 1/48 OH-6 as a 'Tu-36 Dodger' from Airwolf but it had a tinted windscreen & I really could do with clear.  I've got the new Aoshima Airwolf, so the OH-6 will eventually be a lamb for the Lady to slaughter in a 'Dogfight Double'.
http://www.impdb.org/images/2/26/AirwolfMovie_3rd_Hughes_369_3.jpg
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

loupgarou

I had to go back many pages to unearth his topic.
I have an ambitious and obstreperous projects, and this made me remember the movie "Von Ryan's express".
At least in the italian edition, the railway line crossing the border to Switzerland is through the Maloja Pass.
BUT, the italian side of the pass is nearly vertical, the road is a series of hairpin curves, no chance of a railway line.  :rolleyes:
I have done it dozens of times, going by bus with the italian mountain club, to do cross-country skying in Engadine.
To be continued....
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

loupgarou

Now, I realized I have 7 or 8 italian E 626 locomotives by Roco. It's this model:

I remembered a project shown in a book about this loco, a double locomotive:

And even found a cheap complete body shell to extend the central parts, instead of the cabs:

So, if owing to the Gotthard line being surcharged, another line had been envisaged, and,, according confiance to the movie  :rolleyes:  had been planned over the Maloja pass, powerful freight locos would have been necessary. THEREFORE, the reason why this loco would have been built.  ;D

My regret is that I would love to put this build in the sixties GB, but the project dates from 1930. Also the real E 626 had been built in late twenties.   :angry:

Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

Now this looks fascinating  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on February 24, 2024, 02:43:59 AMMy regret is that I would love to put this build in the sixties GB, but the project dates from 1930. Also the real E 626 had been built in late twenties.   :angry:

None of that matters a jot, this is WHIFFWORLD!  ;D

I love the idea though, articulated locos are just so very cool!   :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit