TELFORD IPMS F-104 Comp

Started by Radish, June 27, 2011, 03:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

ZELL-launched Starfighter as a modern-day (well, somewhat modern-day) CAM Hurricat!  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mr.Creak

A WHIFfed Starfighter?
Easy: just do an F-104G with an old pilot. Think about it....
What if... I had a brain?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

lancer

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 29, 2011, 07:38:30 AM
Quote from: JayBee on June 28, 2011, 12:14:37 PM
Colonel Deering :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Some of us are showing our age somewhat  ;D

And she STILL look bloody good even now, just happened to see her on the box a couple of weeks back
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Radish

Meanwhile, went to Stratford-Upon-Avon today where 3 things of note occured:

We saw "Dunsinane" with Sioborn Redmond at The Swan....it's a very enjoyable modern play, a "sequel to Macbeth". :thumbsup:
My underpants fell down (still wearing my jeans at the time!)
I bought 2 x 1/48th Revell/Monogram F-104Gs....it's the prescribed kit.

I've been checking out the various Richard "Gekko" Chafer profiles too.
RAF SEAC looks great, the SA camo scheme looks brilliant and then there's Desert Storm!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Mr.Creak

Quote from: Radish on June 29, 2011, 11:45:45 AMMy underpants fell down (still wearing my jeans at the time!
TMI!
What if... I had a brain?

NARSES2

Quote from: Radish on June 29, 2011, 11:45:45 AM
My underpants fell down (still wearing my jeans at the time!)

I'm not even going to ask  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Radish

So then......

thinking of an RAF Desert one, dirty and weathered, nose art, etc....Sand/Dark Earth/Azure Blue.

And ......another. :lol:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

GTX

I like the South American idea - maybe as an alternate for some of the F-5 or Mirage III users in these schemes:

Venezuela:

Chile:

Brazil:

Argentina:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

jcf

Naah, Guatemala. Just think of the fun one could have with an F-104G marked FAG.  ;D

TsrJoe

Switzerland looked at the F.104G in the early 70's as a possible type but went with the Mirage, something different with a 'real' background, hmm, schemes similar to Norway perhaps or ??

Australia looked at the type in the late 60's as a possible (centreline mk.28?) nuke delivery aircraft as well as for its interceptor role, would look neat in standard silver/white with roo roundels and wingtip 'winders
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

I like the Swiss idea too - maybe in the same scheme as their Mirages or F-5s?

or even better, a Patrouille de Suisse one:

Of course, all these ideas are being added to my list too ;D.

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Another idea might be to go with the Starfighter name and do a Viper type F-104 with 3 engines:

Regards,

Greg

ChernayaAkula

^ Holy....  :blink: ... that's excellent!  :bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?