Whole batch of WHIF skins for Flight Sim

Started by rallymodeller, June 27, 2011, 11:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallymodeller

Dunno what's up lately, but there have been quite a few WHIF repaints popping up. Today Flightsim.com provides a really nice crop:

USAF C-139 Yukon (almost a RW, the deal where we got Voodoos was supposed to involve Yukons as a trade), Mike Barnes repaint on Jens Kristensen's FS9 Britannia model

BAC Bombcorde , Libardo Guzman FSX Concorde (with Kaz Ito's lovely Avro 730 behind). I was going to do one myself but the payware Concordes I have all have cabin windows built in.

RCAF Douglas Globemaster, Mike Barnes repaint on Jens Kristensen's FS9 C-124C. The markings aren't perfect but they're not bad (should be roundels on both wing tops and white fuselage top)
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

PR19_Kit

OK, great pics but how did you do the one with the Bombcorde, 730 and a Canberra all at once? Or is it a photoshop job? And which Canberra is that too please?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Alvis 3.14159

Uh, is that the Mike Barnes formerly of Conair? I used to know a Mike Barnes who did excellent What-If models, and had even better ideas than I. Lost touch over a decade ago....

Alvis Pi

rallymodeller

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 27, 2011, 12:55:30 PM
OK, great pics but how did you do the one with the Bombcorde, 730 and a Canberra all at once? Or is it a photoshop job? And which Canberra is that too please?

There are a couple of ways to do that: you can set them up as static objects or AI aircraft with flightplans and such (lots of work but cool results), or you can play in multiplayer; as long as you have the aircraft loaded in your own system they'll show up on your screen. I believe the British lineup are set up as AI. One of my "Eventually To Do" things is to recreate the entire RCAF circa 1960 as an AI package...
--Jeremy

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

pyro-manic

Lovely stuff, but can you pleeeeease get some shots of the 730? :wub:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rallymodeller

I suppose I should mention that I did not take any of those shots; they're all preview shots pulled from the Flightsim.com site. I do have the Ito Avro 730 but I'm not 100% happy with the paint it came with and have a proper repaint for it on my to-do list. 
--Jeremy

PR19_Kit

Ah right, thanks for that.

I'd guess the Canberra is one of Bill Holker's aircraft, one of which (a PR9 of course  ;D) I 'fly' quite regularly in FS9, even though it won't go high enough in standard form. After some tweaking I can now manage FL650 with a little care and, just like a U2, the minimum control speed up there equals the limiting Mach number!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit