Quad Tilt Rotor

Started by Green Dragon, June 28, 2011, 08:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsport

Green Dragon

Don't think I'll be able to finish on time as there's a delay in my wet and dry paper order so it won't turn up till the 31st of August. Currently it looks like I've covered it in some kind of crunchy peanut butter!  :banghead:
It will definitely get finished though, soon as the supplies arrive.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

What grades do you need?  I could send you some in the post to tide you over until your supply comes, would be with you by Thursday.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

Whatever you do Paul, don't rush it.  The end result will be much better for it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Pablo1965

I saw some similar projects in the sixties, but his schemes were prototypes for concept development and were smaller. It will be a beautiful VTOL transport aircraft. :thumbsup:

Green Dragon

Quote from: Mossie on August 23, 2011, 03:12:11 AM
What grades do you need?  I could send you some in the post to tide you over until your supply comes, would be with you by Thursday.
Cheers for the offer Simon but I got an email today saying it's been shipped so should be here a lot sooner than they thought. Might just sneak in under the wire if I settle on a paint scheme in time! Worst case it'll be grey overall if time runs out.  Many thanks for the offer!  :cheers:
Quote from: Pablo1965 on August 23, 2011, 10:29:01 AM
I saw some similar projects in the sixties, but his schemes were prototypes for concept development and were smaller. It will be a beautiful VTOL transport aircraft. :thumbsup:
Hope you're right Pablo!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Joe C-P

Looking forward to this one. You're crossing one off my list!  :thumbsup:   ;)
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Green Dragon

Wet & dry arrived this morning and I'm covered in dust now! Long way to go still.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Green Dragon

I really wish I hadn't put all this putty on the rear wings, I'm knackered and still got miles to go!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

jsport

Hope as is well. We anxiously await. :thumbsup:

Green Dragon

Had the rear wing on for a while but it didn't look right so I took it off and will increase the incidence so it looks more like the angle of the forward wing. Should also cure the hot gas ingestion problem for the rear engines. Unfortunately it means more PSR!  :banghead:
Ran out of spray primer so I'll have to hit Halfords soon for a resupply.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Weaver

Awesome project - keep plugging away: you'll get there!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

Yeah, keep this beast coming! :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Green Dragon

Well there's no danger of me finishing in time but here are some pics!
Wings of putty.

Fuse with putty.

Rear wings tacked in place at original angle.

Rear wings at new angle and partially puttied.

Still got a long way to go, the rotors now have their white bits sprayed on but need some retouching.
Sorry I didn't get 'er done in time Duncan but she will be finished soon!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

Stargazer

Splendid!! I was beginning to wonder when we'd see the beast, but it sure was worth the wait. Keep up the great work!