Quad Tilt Rotor

Started by Green Dragon, June 28, 2011, 08:20:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Rotors are almost finished, just done some clean up on the white. Here's a pic of three with the masking tape off and the fourth had just been sprayed white.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Stargazer

Splendid! This is coming on really well!

LemonJello

Amazing work, and I too will be watching to see this one completed. I'm going to make one of these as well someday - though I think I'll take a crack at casting copies of the nacelles and props/rotors instead of sacrificing two V-22s...I'll definitely need to stock up on sheet styrene and putty beforehand.

Can't wait to see your next update on this project.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

jsport

looks like beautiful progression. :bow:

Green Dragon

Things are held up at the moment because of loosing two of the little washers that hold the engines on so I can't button up the nacelles!
I've made some replacements from plasticard today so should be able to crack on tomorrow. No doubt the proper ones will be surfacing from the Carpet Monster's realm now I don't need them!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Green Dragon

Here's an update, rotors/intakes are just sitting in place, not glued yet.

Remember when I said the forward wings slid back a bit while drying? Bit of a problem because of it!  :banghead:

Nothing I can do about it now but after I've finished it I may take it apart and stretch the fuse a bit. Only answer is that the props are all geared to avoid strikes so it was all totally intentional, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!  :lol:

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

kitnut617

This pic shows the forward wing almost over the cockpit Paul.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Green Dragon

Thanks Taiidan!

Kitnut, that's about where I put it but I got called away and thought I'd left it stable to dry. When I got back it had slipped backwards and the whole wing had slid back a couple of inches and set solid! Should have busted it off and redone it but it had set perfectly level and would also rip out some of plasticard fuselage filling. Figuring it was too much hassle I thought I could get away with it.....DUMB!!

Had to take off one of the nacelles today due to it flopping around loose.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

jsport

Hope all is well on the QTR.. We are in love. :bow: :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Green Dragon on September 30, 2011, 01:59:19 PM

Kitnut, that's about where I put it but I got called away and thought I'd left it stable to dry. When I got back it had slipped backwards and the whole wing had slid back a couple of inches and set solid! Should have busted it off and redone it but it had set perfectly level and would also rip out some of plasticard fuselage filling. Figuring it was too much hassle I thought I could get away with it.....DUMB!!

Had to take off one of the nacelles today due to it flopping around loose.

Paul Harrison

Yikes is it fixable?
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

bearmatt

Notified....  :thumbsup:
A serious candidate for the whiffies...  :rolleyes:
The carpet monster took it!

Green Dragon

I'll have to get me finger out and finish it now! Got more primer from Halfords a couple of days ago so I should be moving again this weekend if I can find a gap in the rain. Have some more Miliput for the hump over the rear wings and I'm hoping the engine nacelles are fixable, they're currently flopping around like an extremely floppy thing! If not I'll fit the small struts that lock them in the vertical postition and glue them in place.

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

LemonJello

Definitely has a Whiffie nomination waiting for it when its done. Your work is going to be an impetus for me to go forward with my quad, but I guess now I'll have to make mine a Spectre-type quad gunship...
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Green Dragon

Disaster!! The QTR took a header off a shelf right onto a radiator, all but one nacelle snapped off!  :banghead: Surprisingly everything else is OK
Will return to it after Christmas, I'd just got all the spray paint I needed to finish it off too!

Paul Harrison

On the bench.