Big thanks to Maverick

Started by rickshaw, June 28, 2011, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Maverick for his efforts in keeping us all updated as to the latest kit releases.  Without him, I'd be in the dark as to whats being released or re-released.    :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Maverick

Happy to help Brian.  It's always nice to be appreciated for efforts to spread the word and equally nice to have the word spread.

Regards,

Mav

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

What I want to know is how does he keep so up-to-date?

Does he ever sleep or eat, and is he permanently on-line to all the modelling sites 24/7?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Yes.....how does he do it...? I think its a group of minions he has locked in his basement...... ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Maverick

Suffice to say, I have a varied and interesting 'favourites' list on the 'puter.  As for the minions, we'll say nothing more.... mwah hah hah.  :wacko:

Regards,

Mav

Army of One

Ha.....!!!! I knew it.......!!!!
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

rickshaw

As long as the minions are happy little Ompa Loompas and enjoy working, I have no qualms about having Mav have them in his basement.  ;)

Now, where do we send food parcels?   ;D ;D

Maverick

The minions eat styrene, so any unwanted kits are just the ticket.  They also keep the 'carpet monster' at bay!  :lol:

On a slightly related note, I've just accepted a job with Serco's TCS division.  Training is due to start within a couple of weeks which might take me out of the loop for a bit.  The minions will no doubt have a backlog to deal with when I get sorted.

Regards,

Mav

rickshaw

Serco?  Not the "Pacific Solution when you're not having a Pacific Solution"?  ;)

Brian da Basher

Best of luck in your new job, Maverick! And thanks for keeping us up-to-date on the latest kit news!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

Maverick

Thanks for all your good wishes Brian (of de Basher Fame).

Brian (of Rickshaw fame), Aye, 'tis the 'infamous' Serco, although my part is with the TCS, that is Traffic Camera Services (ie: mobile speed camera operator).  I remain here in Victoria and no doubt will be harrassed at some point regarding the role but it's not something I'm unused to.

Regards,

Mav

Old Wombat

Good luck with the job, Mav!

I was going for a Traffic Camera Operator's job here in SA but SAPOL's Protective Security Services Branch Security Control Centre (Alarm Monitoring Centre) has grabbed me for a 5 month contract instead...

& my PSSB application has finally started to move forward, now that the NT Police have their digit out of their rectum & have sent SAPOL a letter confirming that I wasn't sacked for doing unspeakable deeds but, in fact, resigned. Only took 'em 14 months.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Maverick

Gotta love red-tape OW.  I jumped through a few rings myself with police checks and the like.  Missed out on starting training this month because VICPOL were taking their sweet time.  Here in Vic, the Traffic Camera gig is a private one, so that's somewhat easier I guess.

Funny thing is, I've done about half a dozen police checks over the years, once with the RAAF, once with a security company, another with the prison service and finally two or three through various applications such as these.  To suggest I'm getting somewhat over dotting I's and crossing T's would be an understatement!

Best of luck with your own applications.

Regards,

Mav

nebnoswal

Quote from: Maverick on June 30, 2011, 05:37:26 PM
Traffic Camera Services (ie: mobile speed camera operator).  I remain here in Victoria and no doubt will be harrassed at some point regarding the role but it's not something I'm unused to.

How about giving us a daily update where you are working each day, that way I can avoid it  :rolleyes:

Not that I speed  ;D
cheers
Ben of Oz