Main Menu

F-107

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, July 01, 2011, 01:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Really, really nice Ian  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Looks damn good to me! Nice one Ian. :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

ian!

is this one with those F-106 decals i gave you at cosford?

if so very good work indeed.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Rheged

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on July 01, 2011, 11:13:28 PM
Thanks folks, you're w-a-a-a-y too kind, it really isn't too good in the flesh.

I will complete a build for the 1941 theme at this years Telford, I promise... which reminds me, was anybody else doing a USN neutrality patrol Wellington in 1:48 ??  - No... just me then :blink:

Ian

Comments:-   

1   We are NOT  being kind, we are being accurate:we appreciate class when we see it! The pix are superb.

2  I'm much looking forward to a USN Wellington.   Is this one of  the  batch of 50 that was sold to the USN in 1938 and informally known within Vickers works as the  Vickers Vermont?   As I understand it, there was a row between the U S Army and the U S Navy over  who should fly "heavies" and the USN  bought from Canadian Vickers  in a fit of pique!   One of them  that survived the war was preserved as "Superlimey"   with nose art of a lime-green-tinted superhero wearing Union Jack underpants outside his trousers.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Taiidantomcat

Very pleasing to the eye  :wub:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

James

What else but :wub: Always wanted to do an RAF version of this beauty.

Mossie

Missed this one somehow mate, despite what you say, excellent finish! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sideshowbob9

A belated congrats on a wonderful model!

PACOPEPE

Fantastic, very well done, Ian. :thumbsup:

Regards
Fran

Mike Wren

;D nice one Ian, I know what you mean about lossing interest in modelling for a while, I've been pretty much the same this last year or so, although much of it is also not having much spare time. Have been trying to kick start one of a few stalled projects so might be digging out a half done Anigrand A-12 sometime soon...

philp

Ian,
Are your other RW builds also over on Britmodeller?  I would like to see them. 

Watching your builds (and JHM, and Alvis, and Radish, et al), no matter what, always inspires me to get back to the bench.  And I need any push I can get these days.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Eddie M.

Outstanding work Ian. It's good to see your art up for display.  :mellow:  :cheers:
Look behind you!

Pablo1965

I love it! Ultrasabre in service. Looks like a Delta Dart or Dagger. :thumbsup:

FAR148

NICE!!! :wub:

Good to see your work again!
Steven L

ajmadison

Its excellent build outs like this that inspires me. It lets me imagine a world where the F-107 stood ready to intercept incoming squadrons of the Soviet bombers, the MBT-70 was fielded to hold off the hordes of T-62s, the AH-56 overcame its flight envelope issues to become a viable weapon system, and the XB-35/47 is still in flight today instead of the B-52.