Urgh... :/

Started by ChrisF, July 04, 2011, 11:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisF

After Rickshaws question earlier i thought id look up some canberra pics and found this...

http://nutsaboutkits.com/estore/product_info.php?products_id=17916

Thats gotta be one of the most misshapen aircraft models ive ever seen ! And they have the guts to say museum quality ?  :o

Kerrillc

THAT'S a Canberra? Museum quality? Can I ask who the resident Canberra experts are, because they are going to have some seriously health endangering hysterical fits, (i.e. convulsions, sprained ribs, torn muscles, serious asthma attacks) But quite frankly they (Bravo Delta Models) have got to be overdosing on the old cough medicine. Oh deary deary me.

Kezza
If I am targetted by JMNs, I'm in good Company.

No, no, no! You do not die for your country, you make the other one die!

PR19_Kit

And they have the gall to charge £162 for that load of kack? And it's in the ever popular 1/52 scale too of course.....

My brain hurts.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChrisF

Glad you agree... I thought it might just be me...

Cobra

This is museum Quality? where,in Drunkovia? I've seen British,Aussie,and US Model Companies that Make Better than that! That Price is TFE in my View! PM me if you want to know what TFE means. Dan

jcf

... of course there is no mention of what kind of museum.  ;D

rickshaw

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was presented as a what-if model?   Its certainly an alternative nose profile and in some ways rather reminiscent of the B-57.  In itself, not that unpretty IMHO.   Mmm, perhaps with a solid gun nose?  Ideas, ideas.  Now where is that spare Canberra kit?  ;)

Yes, I know what is trying to be but I'm just musing a little.   I agree its rather overpriced and it is no where near "museum quality".   As a hand carved model, made I suspect from memory rather than scale drawings, its not that bad actually.  At least they've got all the right pieces in the right places and generally got the outline right.

Somewhere, deep down in all of us there lurks a little of the JMN, I suspect.   ;D
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Mr.Creak

Their Lightning is equally naff.
What if... I had a brain?

Maverick

In this instance, I don't believe there's any JMN aspect to the displeasure shown thus far. 

The company quite plainly states 'museum quality scale aircraft'.  Whilst the thing looks vaguely Canberra-ish, even a passing glance can reveal significant faults.  That isn't nitpicking the way a JMN might, it's just blindingly obvious.  If they said 'model plane' or somesuch, one might give them leeway, but they've put themselves up as 'museum quality scale'  products, which they hardly are.

If it were a whif, none here would even pass comment regarding its accuracy I feel.

Regards,

Mav

Nick

Of course it's museum quality..... can't you tell it's a Braille model for blind people to get an idea of a Canberra shape?! :rolleyes: :mellow:

rickshaw

Ah, ha!  The plot thickens!  Anybody notice any similarities between this box artwork and our "museum quality" wooden model?

Now, apart from the fact I never knew that Revell issued a "fish bowl" Canberra, the nose on both the wooden and the box artwork are interestingly similar don't you think?

BTW, if anybody is interested, one of these Revell kits is going on Evilbay at the moment (which is where I discovered it by happenstance):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370524526274&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:1123

dragon

Perhaps it is destined for a European version of the "Ripley's Believe it or not" Museum?
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

puddingwrestler

Maybe they got the plans mixed up with a copy of the Canberra street directory?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Maverick

Nah, then it'd be flat, windy & empty!  :wacko:

rickshaw

Quote from: Maverick on July 06, 2011, 02:40:10 AM
Nah, then it'd be flat, windy & empty!  :wacko:

And go 'round in circles all day long!  ;)