Main Menu
O

A high level finale: OR330 and the Avro 730

Started by Overkiller, July 04, 2011, 02:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Duncan, make sure you put a foam rubber nose-cap on it when you bring it to Telford or the local Police will have you up for carring a lethal weapon!  ;D

That looks seriously excellent, despite Halford's attempts at passing off some duff paint on you. Been there, had that too.......  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

Excellent job Duncan, looking forward to seeing this next week.

kitnut617

Quote from: Overkiller on November 06, 2011, 03:14:35 AM

I finally conquered the paint gremlins that bedevilled this week's painting session  :tank:

Friday night I did the final touch ups on the white, then came multiple, careful, sanding sessions with increasingly fine grades of sand paper to bring the white to a glass like sheen...  :thumbsup:

Duncan

That's what I did with my Avro Nottingham Duncan, only I brush painted mine so it really needed it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

After all that effort you can bet some JMN will comment that the shade for the SLAR panels is too dark, or light........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Another question.......

When  you were spraying all that Hafords White on Duncan, just WHERE did you hold the model for goodness sake? It's ALL white so there isn't anywhere that you could use as a holding area!

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Overkiller on November 06, 2011, 08:19:19 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2011, 07:54:00 AM
After all that effort you can bet some JMN will comment that the shade for the SLAR panels is too dark, or light........  :banghead:

...and they're likely to get their eyes gouged out with a rusty Swann-Morton...  :wacko:

You wouldn't need the Swann-Morton, you could just stab them with the 730 itself!  ;)

The painting process does sound a pain, I had a similar problem with my 777-900 but at least I had the black fin to hold onto. Finding a place for it to rest on while drying wasn't easy though.

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Duncan, that is AWESOME!

Superbly done and we went right through it with you too, well done. Looking forward to seeing it in the plastic, er, Milliput, at the weekend. 

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

That is just gorgeous Duncan,  :bow: :bow: :bow:

I think I'll do one too after I clean up what's on the workbench.  Do you have another big-ish 1/72 kit to pose next to it so we can have a visual on how big it is ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mr.Creak

Marvellous piece of work.
And just makes me sadder that they didn't actually put them into service.
  :bow: :bow: :bow:
What if... I had a brain?

lenny100

i have my vulcan in the box with me it it will help
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

MilitaryAircraft101

Fracking AWESOME!!  :o I love the 730! What a briliant build, inspiring me to crack on with the Evergreen FB-24..  :bow: :blink:

TallEng

Stunning!  :bow: :bow: :bow:
Can't wait to see what you get up to next  :blink:

Um how big is it say compared to a Valiant?

Regards
Keith (picking jaw up from floor)
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks