Red Zone Fighters

Started by Darkfold, July 08, 2011, 10:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfold

A few pics of fighters of Red Zone...First a few Flankers...

Sukhoi Su-27 is basic fighter type of czechoslovak air defence fighter.First Flankers were bought in Soviet Union in 1990 and during next four years were formed or rearmed for this type seven fighter regiments in strategic positions in Czechoslovakia.First Flankers were Su-27S type, basic production type of this plane in Soviet Union.In 1997, start modernisation program of them for Su-27SM standart.This modernisation was designed in cooperation of czech military research complex VZS-31, Aero Vodochody aircraft factory and OKB Sukhoi, creators of Su-27.Su-27SM introduced in their avionics radar N011 BARS, new semi-MFD cockpit, receiver of combined GLONASS/North Star satelite position system, new system of engine control and weapons capability for R-77 missiles, ER, ET, AM and EM versions of R-27 missile, Ch-31p anti-radiation missiles and Ch-59 cruise missiles.For this standart were modernised all czechoslovak Su-27S which weren't destroyed before this modernisation programme. Modernisation programme Su-27SVM start in 2005 and same authors as SM modernised czechoslovak Su-27SM fighters by new wing with four hardpoints on each (S and SM had three hardpoints) for weapons, refuelling probe on nose, new weapon computer with capability for Ch-41 missiles, radically modernised navigation system (as first GNSS system all over the world were North Star certified as primary navigation system for ATM) and IR jammer Suchogruz under tail stinger.SM Flankers were completely modernised till 2010.This modernisation was maximum modernisation of this older conception and new consordium consisted by OKB Sukhoi, Aero Vodochody and Elbit Systems (Israel looking for new planes after american embargo for weapons which was forced to Israel after complete elimination of Hizballah terrorist site in Libanon) starts in 2007 on work for new Flanker variant for Czechoslovak and Israeli air force which may be produced in Czechoslovakia because soviet factories were completely converted for 5th generation od stealth fighters like Su-50, MiG-37,...New plane was born on basis of Sukhoi Su-27SVM which was equipped by new enlarged back with integrated active jammer and electronics, new tail stinger with Kopyo radar, new radar complex consist of primary Irbis-E (X-band) and Fathom-A (L-band) active radars for front hemisphere, Kopyo radar for back hemisphere and passive radar PRL-2T Petra conbined with RHAWS, nez electrooptic weapons system consist OLS and targetting cammeras Shkval and NZK-27 in chin under nose.Old Al-31F engines were changed for Al-41 engines with vectored exhaust nozzles and connected for new control system.Next upgrades were new radiosystems, RAM cover of plane combined with plasma stealth system, new semi-MFD cockpit from Elbit,new gear with wider tires and auxiliary skis for operating from field and muddy airstrips...First take-off of new Su-27Ch Taramis held in november 2009 and serial production starts in 2011.Israeli version of Taramis, Su-27I Pachim, was produced on half in Czechoslovakia (main construction) and finished in Israel where were equipped by Israeli westernised avionics and unlicensed enginess PW F-100 originally produced for before embargo ordered F-15I...

Basic pictures were produced by Americo Maia and for S and UB versions were repainted by comrades PantherG and Fishbed-J, other versions are my work.

GTX

Israeli Flankers are different - maybe some in air superiority greys?
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Taiidantomcat

I love these!! Hope to see more!  :thumbsup: The under nose sensor is very interesting and nice looking too  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Darkfold

Quote from: GTX on July 08, 2011, 02:35:03 PM
Israeli Flankers are different - maybe some in air superiority greys?

Flankers were bought fifty-to-fifty with Fitters as replacement for undelivered Ra'ams and Sufas but after Bazs will be send to scrap, they can buy new serie...like that?

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on July 10, 2011, 06:46:51 AM
I love these!! Hope to see more!  :thumbsup: The under nose sensor is very interesting and nice looking too  :thumbsup:

Nose chin is cover for targetting cammeras Shkval and NZK-27 and antenna of PRL-2T Petra passive radar

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

cptmike2011

Hello Darkfold,

That is a beautiful set of Flankers  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:; first ones I've seen in IDF markings; absolutely brilliant  :o ;D  Why haven't I seen this thread before  :unsure:

Please post more profiles, you do excellent work  ;D

Regards,

CPT Mike
Le garde meurt et ne se rend pas

Recently added the following 1/72nd kits to my collection:

Boeing B-17G
Antonov An-2
Heinkel He-111
Junkers Ju-88

Darkfold

Aero L-139 was advanced training and light combat plane constructed in Aero Vodochody at 1994.After failure of Aero L-59 Super Albatros (problems with technology of DV-2 engine) were in 1990 started construction works on new plane with engine M-739 (maximum thrust 26,5kN) developed in Motorlet factory.Plane generically envelope previous L-39 and L-59 and in factories Aero Vodochody (till 1996) and Let Kunovice (since 1996) were produced this versions:

Aero L-139 (MONGOOSE-A)

Basic version of L-139.Plane is determined for advanced training and in case of war for combat.In nose is installed active radar Tesla LLR-139, electrooptical system Geofyzika OLS-139A and plane canused R-60/73/77 missiles and various guided and unguided boms and antitank missiles.Plane has selfdefence system HECTOR and full compatibility for GPS/GNSS/North Star GNSS systems.Refuelling probe is installed on right side of fuselage.Produced planes were sold only for Warszaw pact members and Cuba (ally of Czechoslovakia).

Aero L-139C (MONGOOSE-B)

Pure training version of L-139.Cannon GSh-23 and selfdefence system HECTOR were removed but radar and OLS stay in nose for training of aerial refuelling and interceptions.Plane has only two hardpoints for fuel tanks.This version was only for Warszaw pact members and Cuba (ally of Czechoslovakia)

Aero L-139V (MONGOOSE-C)

Modification of L-139C for towing targets used for gunnery practise.Cockpit of instructor was removed and replaced by drum with towing cable.Drum is sourced by small turbine under fuselage.Used only by Warszaw pact members and Cuba (ally of Czechoslovakia)

Aero L-139K (MONGOOSE-D)

Basic out of Warszaw pact export version of L-139.Plane has short nose from L-59 with OLS-139K in tip and reduced avionics.

Aero L-139CK (MONGOOSE-E)

Export version of L-139C with downgraded avionics and short nose.

Aero L-139KO (MONGOOSE-F)

Advanced export version of L-139.Former radar Tesla LLR-139 was replaced by Phazotron Kopyo-P and supported by OLS-139K.Type were sold to many states in afrika.

Aero L-139L (MONGOOSE-G)

Special modification of L-139KO for training of using of laser guided weapons.From nose was removed radar and replaced by laser rangefinder KLEN PS or targeting camera Pritchal.

Aero L-139N (MONGOOSE-H)

Demilitarised version of L-139C for civilian aviation.

Darkfold

And additional NVA and Hungary L-139 (MONGOOSE-A)...

KJ_Lesnick

That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

Dizzyfugu

Hmmm, with that twist I could also imagine some of these in Luftwaffe colors, e. g. in a two- or three-tone wraparound scheme, or in a Marineflieger scheme (either the Tornados' scheme or the three-grey-tone "Alberich" scheme, seen on some Do 28 and 228, as well as on the late SeaKings)?