Tanmodel

Started by Green Dragon, July 09, 2011, 05:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

This is new company from Turkey and first kit is a 1/48th scale F-5A with two Turkish (both old square and new round markings), one Norwegian and one Philippine Air Force. Here's the Britmodeller thread. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=73900

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Mossie

I just heard of this outfit earlier today.  Seems to be some progress since Paul posted more than four years ago.
http://www.tanmodel.com/index_en.html

First kit is a 1/72 TAI Hurkus, sprue shots are on the link above/

Future releases:
1/48 Republic RF-84F
1/72 Blackburn Buccaneer Family
1/48 Lockheed SR-71 Family
1/32 Northrop F-5A Family
1/32 Northrop F-5B
1/32 Northrop T-38 Talon Family
1/48 Casa CN-235 & C-295 Family
1/48 Bristol Blenheim Family
1/32 General Dynamics F-111
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Not a fan off all that big stuff but the Bucc would be nice, and that Hurkus as well ! Looks like a derivative of the Harvard II. Off to google we go !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

I want to see their 111 family. That's going to be a *huge* kit, especially if they decide to include parts for all the variants- A/B/C/DE/F/K, FB and EF.

Probably be pricey too.  :-\
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Mossie

What surprised me was that Casa CN-235 and 295 are in 1/48.  That's going to be a big kit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kerick

Quote from: Captain Canada on January 26, 2015, 06:19:33 AM
Not a fan off all that big stuff but the Bucc would be nice, and that Hurkus as well ! Looks like a derivative of the Harvard II. Off to google we go !

Appears to be a redesign of the Havard II. Very similar yet different.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Green Dragon

The Herkus sprues look more refined than their earlier F-5A that got released by Tiger Models, though that was apparently not a fully finished tool. The F-5A was a bit clunky looking though I've seen some good builds of it (mines still in the box).

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Mossie

Yeah, the Hurkus looks good, top end of short run.  Slightly chunky, panel lines on the heavy side and I can see a sink mark on the wing root but pretty good.  The acid test will be how it goes together and not least, price.

Captain Canada

Quote from: kerick on January 26, 2015, 06:44:20 AM
Appears to be a redesign of the Havard II. Very similar yet different.

Ya, in some of the pics I googled it looks like it's had a different engine configuration as well. Still pretty neat looking !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Latest list has the CN235/295 family changed to 1/72nd scale, also 1/32nd F-4E/RF-4E/F-4EJ/F-4F series (including the 2020 & the Kurnass).
There is also a 1/48th T-37 Tweet which they are currently scanning with LIDAR (along with the F-5A and F4E).
They are planning a UH-1H and a T-34 Mentor too though scale not known yet. http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234967245-tanmodel-172-148-132-projects/page-2

Paul Harrison

On the bench.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Green Dragon on February 27, 2015, 09:19:18 PM
Latest list has the CN235/295 family changed to 1/72nd scale.......

BRILL!  :thumbsup:

I've wanted to do a CN235 in the lovely dual blue IAC scheme for ages.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

I know of someone who will be very happy to hear that.  He's a quarter scale modeller at heart, but did wonder where he was going to put it!

kerick

A good kit of the CN235/295 family would seem to be overdue. Some really interesting subjects in the works here. I like the idea of including the parts for all these different versions in one box. It would make things simpler in the long run.
Question is which distributors will be carrying these products?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise