KP/Kopro

Started by Maverick, July 12, 2011, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

I did know why Tamiya did them in 1/20.  But I forget now.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

That's really silly?! I could have understood if they had gone for 1:220, because it is Z scale and you get lots of diorama stuff from the model railroad corner, but 1:250 makes IMHO no sense - DOA offering.  :-\

Mossie

To make up for it they've released new tools of the Hawker Tempest Mk.Ii and Mk.V in 1/72.  Just as Airfix have announced theirs too. 

They're a bit more expensive, but there are three different boxing's of each mark:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=362641&product_type_id=all_aircraft_kits&code=&scale_id=956&keyword_search=Tempest&setPerPage=100&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

I'm curious to see how much of the Special Hobby and Academy kits will be in them...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: Mossie on January 27, 2021, 11:51:40 AM
To make up for it they've released new tools of the Hawker Tempest Mk.Ii and Mk.V in 1/72.  Just as Airfix have announced theirs too. 

They're a bit more expensive, but there are three different boxing's of each mark:
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=362641&product_type_id=all_aircraft_kits&code=&scale_id=956&keyword_search=Tempest&setPerPage=100&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=

Only the II and the V, no VI.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 27, 2021, 12:56:05 PM
I'm curious to see how much of the Special Hobby and Academy kits will be in them...

Indeed.

I'll probably get a Mk II and settle for the Airfix Mk V
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

If the Airfix kit is much better, it might be possible to use the KP Mk.Ii as a donor.  Probably won't be more much more expensive than a resin conversion.

In the past I would have said it was a foregone conclusion, but some of KP's later stuff has been pretty good.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on January 28, 2021, 07:55:44 AM
If the Airfix kit is much better, it might be possible to use the KP Mk.Ii as a donor.  Probably won't be more much more expensive than a resin conversion.

You've just triggered a memory Mossie and after checking I find I have a Heritage resin conversion set in the stash  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 29, 2021, 06:34:44 AM
Quote from: Mossie on January 28, 2021, 07:55:44 AM

You've just triggered a memory Mossie and after checking I find I have a Heritage resin conversion set in the stash  ;)

I love the joy of finding a conversion set (or even a kit) you'd forgotten you had - it's like Christmas, and eases the mind about trying to find another.  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

I never worry about finding another.  I have some moulding rubber and I'm quite prepared to use it...

And that Heritage conversion is basically a chopped up and reworked Matchbox Tempest!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on January 30, 2021, 06:49:45 AM
I never worry about finding another.  I have some moulding rubber and I'm quite prepared to use it...

And that Heritage conversion is basically a chopped up and reworked Matchbox Tempest!

True! ;D :thumbsup:

And that makes me glad I didn't shell out for one, and used the Matchbox Mk II nose for my conversion... the resin bits would *still* have been a bit oversize anyway.

Spey_Phantom

Yesterday, KP announcd on theyre facebook page that they will be releasing a new tool Alpha Jet in 1/72 scale.
they will be A, E, MS.1 and MS.2 variants.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

KP seem to be in a very productive mood lately. Lots of new stuff from them

Nick

Are KP/Kopro under new ownership or management these days?

Hannants had a lot of new looking KP kits on the shelf the other day including F-18 Hornets which seemed out of their normal range. I'm sure these are from Italeri originally.

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2021, 06:06:27 AM
Are KP/Kopro under new ownership or management these days?

Hannants had a lot of new looking KP kits on the shelf the other day including F-18 Hornets which seemed out of their normal range. I'm sure these are from Italeri originally.
Nick
The Kopro brand was absorbed into the AZ setup a few years ago. And the F-18 kit is as you say most likely an Italeri tooling. There is past form for Italeri kits to be boxed by Czech firms. Bilek used to do it big time.

Bileks deal was to act as a sub contractor pumping out Italeri kits and was allowed to over produce  by a certain percentage to box up as their own offerings as part payment for their efforts.

These days leasing out tooling is a good 2nd income stream for model firms..........Although its nothing new.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.