KP/Kopro

Started by Maverick, July 12, 2011, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Late July, early August.  Nick, Dave and Hank may wish to join too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 15, 2021, 04:20:11 AM

That sounds good to me. Let us know the dates ASAP so I can arrange time off work.

kitbasher

Yarp - early August though.  Overseas holiday late July.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

I'll let you all know as soon as I do!

If this happens, it's likely a Monday or Tuesday as those usually my days off.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Steel Penguin

putting 1:38 and 1:50 in the same diorama, if you want perspective  will work, or if your going the way people think things are, ( tank is 1:48, car is 1:50)  but if you put 2 of the same in it will look all kinds of wrong, ( ive seen 1:56, 1:50 and 1:48 on the same wargames table its not so good a thing)  I will have to carefully separate my 1:50 Warrior MICVs from the airfix 1:48 ones when I get them built.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on July 13, 2021, 10:48:39 AM
I'm also dubious of the idea that scales can be metric or imperial: they're just proportions with no units.

Simply not true when dealing with US and Imperial Architectural scales, there is a direct relationship between
inches/fractions of inches and feet/inches:
1" = 1' (1/12), 1/2" = 1' (1" = 2' or 1/24), 1/4" = 1' (1" = 4' or 1/48), 1/8" =1' (1" = 8' or 1/96),
1/16" = 1' (1" = 16' or 1/192) etc.

3" = 1' (1" = 4" or 1/4), 1.5" = 1' (1" = 8" or 1/8), 3/4" = 1' (1" = 16" or 1/16), 3/8" = 1' (1" = 32" or 1/32),
3/16" = 1' (1" = 64" or 1/64), 3/32" = 1' (1" = 128" or 1/128) etc.

1/72nd (1" = 6') is a bit of a different animal.

Note that all of them can be used as unit-less ratios to figure out the scale size of a real object in
US/Imperial units without having to convert feet to inches, simply divide the full-size measurement
by the base factor (scale divided by 12) of the desired scale: i.e. for 1/72nd scale divide by 6 the
result is scale size in inches, etc.

For 1/32nd (3/8" = 1') scale multiply full size measurement by 3 and divide by 8, etc.

When the first 1/48th scale kits went on the market they were referred to as 1/4" Scale or Quarter Inch scale.

Metric scales are unit-less ratios.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 15, 2021, 09:40:03 AM
I'll let you all know as soon as I do!

If this happens, it's likely a Monday or Tuesday as those usually my days off.

:thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 15, 2021, 08:46:45 AM

You sure they'll let you back in ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 16, 2021, 01:54:00 AM

I always carry the 'I've got dirt on you' files - not let me down yet!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 16, 2021, 02:02:42 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 16, 2021, 01:54:00 AM

I always carry the 'I've got dirt on you' files - not let me down yet!

Ah the benefits of a military background  ;) When we travelled abroad in the late 50's/60's (British Rail Employee's Holiday Club = free rail travel throughout Europe) Dad always wore his blazer with the Royal Navy Association badge on return to Dover as he reckoned most of the Customs officers were ex RN. It obviously worked as we were always waved through  :angel:

NARSES2

Spey_Phantom

Also 2 new 1/72 XFY-1 Pogo kits are announced, and not just the prototype version....
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kovozavody-prost-jov-kpm72258-xfy-1-pogo--1363360

and there's also a WHIF boxing containing JMSDF, Royal Navy and USMC versions  ;D
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kovozavody-prost-jov-kpm72259-fy-1-pogo--1363363
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Sprue shots of the KP Tempest V can be found here

https://master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=117608

Looks nice and I may get one to play with, but definitely NOT the sodding Closterman boxing.  Is it me or was he the ONLY pilot to fly the things, because the kit manufacturers seem to think he was...

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

The sprue shot looks like they're going to produce a Tempest II some time as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

A II and a VI have been announced.  A bit more thought and they may well have got a Mk I out of it too.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: