KP/Kopro

Started by Maverick, July 12, 2011, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Got it today, see the My Stash etc thread, and it is very nice. I got the RNZAF boxing.

Will definitely be getting a couple of Mk II's once released and depending how this one goes a Mk VI as well. The boxing caters both for series I and II airframes with the different cannon barrels etc.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

The new Tempest instructions are far clearer and have sharper images then the Seafire and interestingly highlight the areas where glue is to be applied in bright red. Some areas are obvious of course, but others help to illustrate orientation and positioning of parts, so well done AZ/KP  :thumbsup:

I can't remember seeing this before although I seem to remember some older Japanese kits used glue tube symbols to illustrate where glue was necessary ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2021, 05:33:51 AMI got the RNZAF boxing.
I have no need, but I feel obliged to get this kit. It's my patriotic duty.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 27, 2021, 05:56:22 PM
definitely NOT the sodding Closterman boxing.  Is it me or was he the ONLY pilot to fly the things, because the kit manufacturers seem to think he was...
There's an Eduard Tempest with TWO sets of markings for Roland Beamont. That seems like overkill!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

Quote from: KiwiZac on July 30, 2021, 05:46:34 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 28, 2021, 05:33:51 AMI got the RNZAF boxing.

;D ;D :thumbsup:

I've an idea to whif it, but still keep it Kiwi. Was thinking of having Squadron return home in 1945 with their aircraft and either go operational in the SWP Theatre or take part in Operation Olympic after the failure of the A-Bomb tests. Might wait for the Mk VI for that though.

jcf

Quotetake part in Operation Olympic after the failure of the A-Bomb tests

Flying off of aircraft carriers?  ;)

Against Japanese forces on Kyushu or opposing the Red Army's conquest of Hokkaido?  ;)

KiwiZac

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2021, 05:30:04 AM

I've an idea to whif it, but still keep it Kiwi. Was thinking of having Squadron return home in 1945 with their aircraft and either go operational in the SWP Theatre or take part in Operation Olympic after the failure of the A-Bomb tests. Might wait for the Mk VI for that though.
I'm liking that! Although I think you'd need the Pacific Theatre RNZAF roundels, so feel free to send the original decal sheet to me. I have a craving for the Airfix Tempest...
Zac in NZ

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 05, 2021, 11:38:13 AM
Quotetake part in Operation Olympic after the failure of the A-Bomb tests

Flying off of aircraft carriers?  ;)

Against Japanese forces on Kyushu or opposing the Red Army's conquest of Hokkaido?  ;)

Against Japanese forces on Kyushu and providing air cover for Commonwealth light bomber attacks from newly established bases there. In reality the Commonwealth Corps was to be kept as a floating reserve, but that doesn't mean the Air Forces didn't get involved  ;)

NARSES2

Quote from: KiwiZac on August 05, 2021, 06:22:52 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2021, 05:30:04 AM

I'm liking that! Although I think you'd need the Pacific Theatre RNZAF roundels, so feel free to send the original decal sheet to me. I have a craving for the Airfix Tempest...

I have the RNZAF roundels, from a Kittyhawk. but I'll think I'll wait for the Mk VI to come out for that. The current one will be a real world RNZAF build. Your more than welcome to the spare squadron codes.

KiwiZac

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2021, 05:27:56 AM
Your more than welcome to the spare squadron codes.
Thank you, they'd be most welcome!
Zac in NZ

NARSES2

Quote from: KiwiZac on August 12, 2021, 04:00:49 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2021, 05:27:56 AM
Your more than welcome to the spare squadron codes.
Thank you, they'd be most welcome!

PM me your address Zac

NARSES2

KP are coming out with some early Spitfires and a couple of Alpha Jet boxings.

Not sure yet if they will be new tools (AZ seem to be using the brand for new tools ?) but if they are on a par with the Tempest in particular and Seafire they will be nice kits.

NARSES2

I'm getting confused. I thought that AZ/KP were using the AZ brand for re-pops and the Kovozavody Prostejov brand for new tools but no they're still a mix.

I was looking at their forthcoming releases and espied a Bloch MB - 200 in the KP range. For one minute thought it was a new tool  :thumbsup:, but no it's the old Heller/SMER etc kit. Nice box art though.

Tempest II's and VI's are on the way though  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

AZ/KP have repopped quite a few Heller/SMER kits, the stitch and the Ju 52/3m being two of them.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 01, 2021, 06:15:51 AM
I was looking at their forthcoming releases and espied a Bloch MB - 200 in the KP range. For one minute thought it was a new tool  :thumbsup:, but no it's the old Heller/SMER etc kit. Nice box art though.

I spent a whole three imperial pounds sterling on my pre-loved KP Aero MB200 at Telford!
Would have cost more not to buy it!!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitbasher on December 01, 2021, 07:18:54 AM

I spent a whole three imperial pounds sterling on my pre-loved KP Aero MB200 at Telford!
Would have cost more not to but it!!

That was a LOT of plastic for the money Dave.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit