KP/Kopro

Started by Maverick, July 12, 2011, 06:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 01, 2021, 11:28:36 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on December 01, 2021, 07:18:54 AM

I spent a whole three imperial pounds sterling on my pre-loved KP Aero MB200 at Telford!
Would have cost more not to buy it!!

That was a LOT of plastic for the money Dave.  :thumbsup:

A decent amount of money for the plastic.  Box could hold at least two MB200 kits - with room to spare for an MS406 and a D520!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

I just love the way those 1930's bombers had those "dustbin" turrets
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Even the Whitley had one, as ineffective as it was.

In other news, Hannants apparently got the Tempest F.6 in stock.  Not one for me, but the markings are tempting, especially the 249 sqn ones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 02, 2021, 06:27:36 AM
Even the Whitley had one, as ineffective as it was.

In other news, Hannants apparently got the Tempest F.6 in stock.  Not one for me, but the markings are tempting, especially the 249 sqn ones.

Cheers Lee  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

The Tempest II's are in stock at Hannants at last  :thumbsup: Possibly my favourite aircraft and the boxing I have on order includes a SEAC version. Not sure if it's a Wiff or not ?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/KPM72227?result-token=FZ1B6

Dizzyfugu

IIRC, a single Tempest was delivered to the Indian TO for trials during WWII. Not certain which version, but most probably a II, because it was tailored to this region. If I remember correctly, it carried a dark green/dark earth livery and the small SEA roundels.

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 05, 2022, 01:03:18 AM
IIRC, a single Tempest was delivered to the Indian TO for trials during WWII. Not certain which version, but most probably a II, because it was tailored to this region. If I remember correctly, it carried a dark green/dark earth livery and the small SEA roundels.

Thank you Dizzy  :thumbsup:

I thought it might be a real aircraft as AZ/KP normally mark their Wiff options as being such.

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 05, 2022, 01:46:08 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on March 05, 2022, 01:03:18 AM

Thank you Dizzy  :thumbsup:

I thought it might be a real aircraft as AZ/KP normally mark their Wiff options as being such.

I've a feeling (will check it at some point) that the profile for that aircraft appears in the Warpaint book for the Tempest

And got to agree with you Chris ...... Tempest II's ..... sigh!  :wub: :wub: :wub:

I have two on back order  from Hannants to go with the many Matchbox ones I have in my stash  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Mossie

KP seem to be on a role right now with more 1/72 new toolings, some in several boxings:

Cessna U-17A Skywagon
Miles M.2H Hawk Major
Miles Messenger
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIA
Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.X
Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.XI
De Havilland DH.9A/Polikarpov R-1
Breguet Br.14A2/B2
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Thanks Mossie.
I can see a Hawk Major in my stash...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

You're welcome. :thumbsup:  Good to some kits off the beaten track among the Spitfires. 

Here's the versions, there's an Aussie option in the 'International' boxing,  The Civvy boxing has some striking liveries.
https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&product_category_id=&product_division_id=&manufacturer_id=362641&product_type_id=&code=&scale_id=956&keyword_search=Miles+Hawk&setPerPage=25&sort=0&search_direction=0&save_search_name=&save_search=
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on March 23, 2022, 02:57:54 AM
KP seem to be on a role right now with more 1/72 new toolings, some in several boxings:

Cessna U-17A Skywagon
Miles M.2H Hawk Major
Miles Messenger
Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IIA
Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.X
Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.XI
De Havilland DH.9A/Polikarpov R-1
Breguet Br.14A2/B2

I was looking at those this morning Mossie. Can definitely see me getting a couple of the PR Spitfires  :thumbsup:

The Wooksta!

The two Miles jobs interest me more, although I may have to get the Spitfires, even if I already have enough MPM and Special Hobby ones.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Their PRXI Spitfire PL965 should be coded 'R', not 'F'.

[JMN mode off]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

It'll be interesting to see what the plastic looks like for the KP M.2H, because if it looks like the
profile art they've used for all of the illustrations then the only correct out of the box option will
be the all-over silver RAF M.2W Hawk Trainer K8626. Provided the wing scales to 34', if not, then
it's a hybrid and they're all 'whifs in a box'.
;D

The M.2W/X/Y trainers had enlarged cockpit openings and an increased span wing, the base M.2
airframe has a 33' span. The fuselage profiles for all of the kit versions show the enlarged cockpit
of the Hawk Trainer.
The M.2Y and M.2X had an enlarged balanced rudder, the ten Romanian machines were M.2Ys.
DG590 (G-ADMW) is an M.2H that was impressed into service and doesn't have the enlarged
cockpit openings.

DG590 in 2017

Compare the cockpit openings, and windscreen positions, with those of G-ADWT which was built as an M.2W Hawk Trainer.
The M.2X type balanced rudder was fitted sometime after the war.

Again this cockpit/windscreen arrangement is only correct for M.2W/X/Y Hawk Trainers. The M.2 trainer was
the direct predecessor of the M.14 Magister.

In regards to a couple of the NZ and AUS choices:
the MacRobertson Race aircraft ZK-ADJ was an M.2F which did not have flaps, M.2H etc. had flaps;
A37-5 (VH-UAI) was an M.2H with the standard cockpit openings.
http://edcoatescollection.com/ac1/austu/VH-UAI.html