Jet Powered Spitfire!?!

Started by MilitaryAircraft101, July 17, 2011, 11:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MilitaryAircraft101

Well ladies and gents, thought I might show you a whiffy build I did round at SMA for the Big Spring Contest this year! It is my "Jet Powered Spitfire" armed with Aim-9s, GBU-12s,19 Shot rocket pods and a 30mm cannon!! It was great fun, and I basically drafted the nose of an F-86, to a Spitfire PR.XIX  ;D It was nice to build, and is in the colours of an ace of 10.5 kills... 7.5 Japanese and 3 German.. Thanks for looking!

Enjoy
;)

Hobbes

I'm not seeing any pictures. Scale Model Addict requires that you register before you can see pictures.

ChrisF

Not very far from the truth either since the spitfire was developed into the "Spiteful" and that in turn was developed into the "Attacker" and "Swift"..... Still i look forward to the pics when you get it sorted... :)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MilitaryAircraft101

Apparently you cant view them if you're not logged in to SMA  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

GTX

Easy enough to repost here though
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: ChrisF on July 18, 2011, 06:51:16 AM
Not very far from the truth either since the spitfire was developed into the "Spiteful" and that in turn was developed into the "Attacker" and "Swift"..... Still i look forward to the pics when you get it sorted... :)

No.  The Spiteful was a completely new airframe with virtually no commonality with the Spitfire.  The Spiteful wing was tested on a Spitfire (using a XIV fuselage) and the first Spiteful prototype had a Spitfire XIV tail but that's it.  The confusion lies in the fact that the Spitfire F22 adopted the Spiteful tail surfaces to cure the handling problems caused by the cut down rear fuselage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

ChrisF

That was pretty much all i was getting at... lol

MilitaryAircraft101

I reckon it looks nice..

BTW, the pilot and canopy was repainted later, just whacked em in on the last night of the contest...  :rolleyes:

kitnut617

MA101, all I'm seeing is white squares with the red cross though them
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

deathjester

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 07, 2011, 06:41:57 AM
MA101, all I'm seeing is white squares with the red cross though them
That's the head on view....!

ChrisF

Hobbes

dragon

Probably more realistic than the "Doctor Who" version.
:cheers:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

jcf