Oh not: another 1/48 SINGLE ENGINE PHANTOM (version 2.0)

Started by G.Marcat, July 21, 2011, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisF

You'll get there... im terribly slow thanks to work ect so im certainly not gonna burn your workrate :)

Pablo1965

G.Marcat

Quote from: Pablo1965 on August 16, 2011, 03:28:23 PM
It's an amazing way of work, thanks to show it. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank You for the interest!!!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: ChrisF on August 16, 2011, 02:58:26 PM
You'll get there... im terribly slow thanks to work ect so im certainly not gonna burn your workrate :)

When I arrive at the point of to level the imperfections using the putty I loose the speed (and sometimes also the interest)

ChrisF

I tend to work in "fits and starts" ... life seems to get in the way then i'll suddenly sit down for a couple of days and get loads done :)

G.Marcat

OK, after a pause cause in the last week by the heat wave (an average temp. of around over 35 celsius degree in the afternoon for over a week) I have restarted the works on the Single Phantom:

The works to add a shape at the flanks are gone well, now it's time to get rid of the engine exhaust:

upnorth

Very nice going here.

I'm really looking forward to the finished piece.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Pablo1965

This is an exquisite winds up job well done intelligently.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

G.Marcat

Yesterday and today almost completed the engine's exhaust zone.
I was unsure of how to do a decent fairing, in the first version of the Phantom single engine I loose a lot of time doing that fairing and the result was not as desidered.
This time I take the final part of the same fairing from an ESCI Phantom (pieces saved from an old project) and using a piece of plasticard conveniently shaped I have made the fairing.
I like how he's tuned out.

In the same time I begin to complete the air intakes.

For first thinned the thickness of the original pieces furnished in the Hasegawa kit:

Now I will resize the air intake's entry by the 50%.
From this...

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Speaking of accuracy and precision I'm becoming a little more precise along with any new kit build.

The previously version (1.0) of the Phantom Single Seat/Engine was build by me without any accuracy.
An air intake was glued few millimeters more forward of the his sister.
In the Phantom/F-104 mix I was obliged at do not take images of the finished kit from above because the front part was shaped like a banana.

This time on this Phantom Single Seat-Engine vers. 2.0 I changed completely the mental approach. Less modifications but (a little) more precision.

Pablo1965

Quote from: G.Marcat on August 31, 2011, 02:27:01 PM
Speaking of accuracy and precision I'm becoming a little more precise along with any new kit build.

The previously version (1.0) of the Phantom Single Seat/Engine was build by me without any accuracy.
An air intake was glued few millimeters more forward of the his sister.
In the Phantom/F-104 mix I was obliged at do not take images of the finished kit from above because the front part was shaped like a banana.

This time on this Phantom Single Seat-Engine vers. 2.0 I changed completely the mental approach. Less modifications but (a little) more precision.

Call it evolution or technical progress but this is what you acquire with experience. :thumbsup:

G.Marcat

The last days modified the air intakes, reducing the size of the mouth of about the half.

Yesterday glued the two modified units in place.

upnorth

Now that you have the intakes retailored and on, I think this would look fantastic placed between real world models of an F3 Demon and naval F-4 Phantom.

You could probably fool a lot of people into thinking it was a real world transitionary step between the two.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.