Oh not: another 1/48 SINGLE ENGINE PHANTOM (version 2.0)

Started by G.Marcat, July 21, 2011, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

In the last two days completed the preliminary jobs on the two air intakes and done a not foresee job in the rear fuselage.
The air intakes before...

folded the edges:

Look....  Folding the lower lips of the an air intake with a hot source almost burn the whole air intake!!!

Two sides with a lot of plasticard:

BUT THERE IS MORE: I was not happy of the look of the rear fuselage near the engine's exhaust. It was too SLICK.
With some circles of thin plasticard done an elevation that will be covered with putty. Now there is a better Coke Bottle effect.

This is all for today
NOT... Wait:

Now the series is complete.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 07, 2011, 02:38:24 PM
Interesting technical solutions. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

The my best technical solution developed in this whatif is the cigarette lighter used to fold  the plastic.... a little more heat and you could  have seen a "battle damaged Single Seat Phantom"

Pablo1965

Quote from: G.Marcat on September 07, 2011, 02:59:35 PM
Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 07, 2011, 02:38:24 PM
Interesting technical solutions. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

The my best technical solution developed in this whatif is the cigarette lighter used to fold  the plastic.... a little more heat and you could  have seen a "battle damaged Single Seat Phantom"

I mean, the continuity of curved lines, and the harmony of the whole are indisputable. I had used a little more of Milliput, but each according to his criteria, in short, is beautifully designed and aesthetically superior. You can thank to your lighter. :thumbsup:

G.Marcat

This is the curremt status of the my Phantom:

There are tons of scratches and imperfections, I foresee many days handling the Mr Surfacer 500.....

tc2324

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Pablo1965

Come on, you have almost mastered, now comes the good ... sorry to throw you in a hurry, but I can not help wanting to see the next step because this way. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

G.Marcat

Quote from: Pablo1965 on September 09, 2011, 04:20:26 PM
Come on, you have almost mastered, now comes the good ... sorry to throw you in a hurry, but I can not help wanting to see the next step because this way. :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

OOPS...  ;D sorry I forgot to add news.

At today the works done on the Single Phantom 2.0 are:

Before MODIFIED then INSTALLED the RADOME.
The plan in origin do not foresee any modification to the global shape of the Phantom but the original untouched nose look too long if compared with the now thin fuselage size. SO...

As you can see up here in the same time installed the rear canopy but the canopy has been shaped wit the surrounding fuselage using putty.

At this point done a very XXX work:

The result of the XXX work is this:

The J-79 resin nozzle now is at 90% ready in place: some other work will be required in that area but will do this at the last moment before of to paint.

In the lat image is possible to see the result of the SCRIBING process done many time ago. The rescribing has taken more time but I'm satisfied (enough) by the results.

FOLLOW me in the next window....

G.Marcat

This is another bunch of  images that show how is the model in this moment:

I think of to be ready for to paint it.

G.Marcat

And now again some other images, this time of the undersurfaces:

MilitaryAircraft101

Was wondering what happened to this project! Looks great!

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

G.Marcat

Slowly as usual the Phantom Single vers. 2.0 is going forward.

Today applied a little of paint:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.