Oh not: another 1/48 SINGLE ENGINE PHANTOM (version 2.0)

Started by G.Marcat, July 21, 2011, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G.Marcat

ChrisF

I'll be honest... im still not sure why... But !! I cant disregard the high level of workmanship here ! If i ever get anywhere near the level of "putty-fu" seen here i'll be a happy man !

Simply awesome work...

G.Marcat

Quote from: ChrisF on December 06, 2011, 02:23:50 PM
I'll be honest... im still not sure why... But !! I cant disregard the high level of workmanship here ! If i ever get anywhere near the level of "putty-fu" seen here i'll be a happy man !

Simply awesome work...

High Level??? I'm still a lot too much  distant from the quality that I would to reach.

Additional note:

If you would to see how the my model will look at the end, click at this  link to AIRLINERS.NET where there is the image of the Luftwaffe's F-4F located at Holloman AFB   that I wish to reproduce but WHATIF-FING it... http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Air/McDonnell-Douglas-F-4F/1460502/L/&sid=cf15b303d53e38906c6138e824c48fb3

ChrisF

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Taiidantomcat

My Girlfriend goes to the university right next to Holloman AFB. She gets better airplane spotting than me  :banghead:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

G.Marcat

Quote from: Pablo1965 on December 10, 2011, 03:30:28 PM
**** I am waiting a new step.****

Today I have some news:

the upper part of the 5 tones camo is now almost completed:

but there is a problem:

The so called "low tack" 3M blue tape  has eat a little portion of the paint on the right side air intake:

Now I must to repaint the ruined part.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

G.Marcat

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on December 13, 2011, 02:07:45 PM
I hope it can be fixed easily  :-\

It's only a little scratch, I hope of to save the work done without too much effort.

srkirad

Cammo looks promising!

Regarding to "peeled" paint, maybe better solution than masking tape is Blue tack - it doesn't peel off paint and it is removed quickly.

Will you repaint this area in freehand style or masking again?

Waiting for update...  ;)
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

G.Marcat

Quote from: srkirad on December 14, 2011, 12:56:55 AM
Cammo looks promising!

Regarding to "peeled" paint, maybe better solution than masking tape is Blue tack - it doesn't peel off paint and it is removed quickly.

Will you repaint this area in freehand style or masking again?

Waiting for update...  ;)

Will be more simple to do the repair freehand.

In case of necessity will use a Post It roll of tape.

gofy

In my opinion, British, Canadian, or USAF markings make things look so much better...

Pablo1965

This promises to be a beautiful plane, encouragement, which requires less road, which you've covered so far.  :thumbsup: :cheers:

G.Marcat

The Phantom single seat/single engine 2011 is in PAUSE.

it look this way now:

Fom the my last post here, have corrected the paint peeled away and  painted in yellow the bands on wings and vertical tail.

A curse has shot this kit: by the moment when I peeled away some paint on the right side of the Phantom Se/Se a lot of things are gone wrong, so at a certain point I have loose interest in this project.

In this moment I try  to complete at least this:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=235889&pid=2331657&st=40&#entry2331657

I need urgently to complete a model. The last Year I have started some items, none completed. The Phantom Se/Se still require a lot of work, I will left it for last.