Oh not: another 1/48 SINGLE ENGINE PHANTOM (version 2.0)

Started by G.Marcat, July 21, 2011, 07:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Good looking F-8

Must admit I do find that some models appear cursed at times  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

bearmatt

Yeah... Had this curse too...
I'll use Tamiya Base Coat again...even if the color layer will be microns thicker. At least the color would stick...

Great looking F-8 indeed!

:thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

kitbasher

The F-4T I presume?  nicknamed the 'Tapir' by all who flew it because of the radome shape?  ;)
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

G.Marcat

Quote from: kitbasher on February 13, 2012, 01:20:29 PM
The F-4T I presume?  nicknamed the 'Tapir' by all who flew it because of the radome shape?  ;)

Not Tapir, the his name is ALF...

lancer

Quote from: G.Marcat on February 13, 2012, 01:30:07 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on February 13, 2012, 01:20:29 PM

Not Tapir, the his name is ALF...

Actually his name was Gordon Schumway, at least back on his home planet. ALF was what he was called here on good old Earth..  Why yes! I did watch it when I was much younger, but the cartoon was cooler!!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

G.Marcat

I'm applying the decals on the Phantom.

but this is the effect of the Gunze Mr. Mark Setter on the my little homemade decal:

PR19_Kit

I find that using almost any decal setting stuff on home printed decals is a recipe for disaster.  :banghead:

Just water with a touch of washing-up liquid does the job for me.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

G.Marcat

Dear Sirs:
The Single Engine/Single Seat Phantom VERSION 2 is COMPLETED.
Here is the final result:

part 1:

G.Marcat

And this is the last part:

The couple of victims... one has lost the backseat and one engine, one has earned an additional engine.... I'm terrible

Logan Hartke

Go4fun

"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

That's intriguing, your brain tells you it must be some sort of a Phantom but your eyes tell you it isn't.  ;)

Excellent build and a great finish on it too, nice one.  :thumbsup: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

flappydaffy

phantom succeeded to the demon, it's nice to finally see the filiation  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

craigdwpa

Life is tough! Life is tougher if your stupid!!!