bearmatt

Very nice whiffing here...

:thumbsup:
The carpet monster took it!

lenny100

now the pe radar has arived i thought i show you in its raw state

and were its going

and i have started on the upgrade of the front office

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

lenny100

thinking of doing a open bombbay now does anybody know if there are a set of plans for the area/

kitnut617

The best I've found is this cutaway drawing.

I've 'cut & paste' this part of it.

I'm not sure if it will work dimensionally but you can see the general arrangement of it.  The front of the bay is where the front spar is which is where the number 111 is in the drawing, and the rear of the bay is where the number 68 is.  But remember for the 'cut & paste' I did, I was concentrating on the engine bays, so you could do the same with the main drawing but concentrating on the bomb bay.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lenny100

ok now done some work and the frony office is now done apart from the seats,

and the radar compartment is also started

the intakes are aslo started, doing the with fod bords in as the radar dome is off

why do photo look so bad when the work is not that bad?

Hobbes

Quotewhy do photo look so bad when the work is not that bad?

because the photo ends up a lot bigger than the original. For the same reason, you don't want to take a magnifying glass to your build.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on August 07, 2011, 11:25:42 AM
Quotewhy do photo look so bad when the work is not that bad?

because the photo ends up a lot bigger than the original. For the same reason, you don't want to take a magnifying glass to your build.

I build mine under a monster magnifying glass/ring light. I'd not be able to see the darn things if I didn't!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Quote from: lenny100 on August 02, 2011, 03:03:39 PM
thinking of doing a open bombbay now does anybody know if there are a set of plans for the area/

Try a search on Britmodeller.  Some guy scratchbuilt a full bomb bay for either the Heritage or Airfix Vulcan, I forget which.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pablo1965

Good work, It will be a nice plane, again   :thumbsup:

kitnut617

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 07, 2011, 02:47:28 PM
Quote from: lenny100 on August 02, 2011, 03:03:39 PM

Try a search on Britmodeller.  Some guy scratchbuilt a full bomb bay for either the Heritage or Airfix Vulcan, I forget which.

This has turned up on The Airfix Tribute Forum just recently, go to page 6 or the last set of photos posted in the thread.

http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/ftopic3257-0-asc-0.php

It might be the same guy that Lee has mentioned but I've not seen the one on Britmodeller (for some reason I couldn't get onto the forum for about 2 months up until a couple of days ago)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

lenny100

good like their kitnut, seen most of the on other sites, but all together is good, not going to go overboard on the bombbay, so it ribs and a rack of 5 missiles in the front and a large tank in the rear

lenny100

OK thought i try and finish this one, but when i found it at the bottom of my stash cupboard somehow i am sure it was on the top, it was broken beyond repair so i started again , first is a new cockpit, i though i wold make a early aircraft from 1982, so i found a cockpit from a t7 hunter, which altough slightly changes the size of the upper cockpit, keeps the look of the front end.
i also decided to include another, famous what if proposal for the Vulcan, as a launch aircraft for parasite fighters, but instead of the 3 gnats, it wold be a single hawk 200 with 4 sidewinders and a gun pack in the bomb bay area, the cut out for blue steel is almost the same length but most of it removed to get the aircraft up in the bombay, and the fin fits into the lower part of the Vulcan's fin.
the wing load will be 12 rounds on triple racks

Gondor

Apparently there is a PE Vulcan bomb bay due from WEM if you intend to have the bomb bay open this time Lenny

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

lenny100

not for this one might do another with the air launched sea dart system. this one wold need a open bomb bay to give it a decent set of weapons

kerick

I read an Air Force paper on using the B-1 for a simular purpose. It would have carried a bucket full of slammers to launch and be guided by companion F-15s radar. With the demise of the Soviet hordes it became a moot point.
Now the concept resurfaces using Patriot or SM-2 instead of slammers. http://alert5.com/2011/03/03/rand-recommends-arming-b-1-with-patriot-sm-2-for-a2a-engagement-of-chinese-fighters/
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise