Kulula Airlines

Started by Weaver, July 26, 2011, 11:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Kulula Airlines, a South African carrier with more than their fair share of sense of humour:

http://peaceofmind.posterous.com/kulula-lnt-airline-humour-hilarious-funny-air#

More like this in the article.... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lenny100

love it anybody thinking of doing a sheet?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

rallymodeller

Kulula has had some other great schemes as well:

(In  case you can't tell, that's a kid with a vuvuzela)

During the world cup, all the Kulula 737s had their radomes painted up like soccer balls with the legend "Kulula (heart)'s Soccer".
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

NARSES2

They really do make you smile  ;D Mind you I understand that after the World Cup the vuvuzela has been banned under the Geneva Convention ? And rightly so  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 27, 2011, 07:17:06 AM
They really do make you smile  ;D Mind you I understand that after the World Cup the vuvuzela has been banned under the Geneva Convention ? And rightly so  ;)

Not before I got one for my nephew  :wacko: :wacko:

He still drives my brother mad with it. ;D :thumbsup:
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Taiidantomcat

They have some wonderful ad men  :thumbsup: really creative  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

NARSES2

Quote from: Martin H on July 27, 2011, 10:44:48 AM

Not before I got one for my nephew  :wacko: :wacko:

He still drives my brother mad with it. ;D :thumbsup:

Evil bugger  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

I used to work with their IT "manager" (I use the inverted commas deliberately) after he resigned at moved to Oz.  He described them as being "a cut price outfit in every way."  While he didn't tell any bad stories about their flying, what he said about their IT systems were very dodgy indeed.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rheged

The Vuvuzela, annoying people since early Genesis.     Look at all of those cherubim making nuisances of themselves in Medieval religious painting

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on July 28, 2011, 08:04:49 AM
 Look at all of those cherubim making nuisances of themselves in Medieval religious painting

Yup - all them chubby little chaps getting on your nerves, no wonder they were constantly at war during the era. Just to get away from the little b*****s  :wacko:

dragon

"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST