Military Wheels

Started by Weaver, July 27, 2011, 06:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Hmm - could have sworn there was an MW thread already, but can't find it. Mods - please merge if there is one.

Anyway, here's something different from MW in at Hannants. Not many civilian car kits (as opposed to diecasts) in 1/72nd, and certainly not as individual as this one:

MW7248 1:72 GAZ-M-20 Pobeda  £11.80  £9.83
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MW7248

And not-only-but-also, a StuG that doesn't seem to get modelled much:

MW7249 1:72 StuIG-33  £12.40  £10.33
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MW7249
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

they make some tatra cars too tha are quite different, but after building thetunguska kit they also do, I won't be building any more of their kits.
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Weaver

One for the Aerosan lovers:

Model Wheels
Military vehicle kits (injection)
MW7262 1:72 Aerosan SEVER - 2  £13.30  £11.08
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MW7262

Sorry, just got to get this scene out of my head:

One of these things is motoring down a lonely track at night when suddenly a disc-shaped object with multi-coloured lights overtakes it, runs parrallel for a few seconds, then shoots up vertically into the sky. While this is happening, on the soundtrack you can hear two people saying:

"Whoa, did you see that"

"I don't believe it!"

"We've got to report this!"

Then the scene cuts to the inside of the flying saucer, and it becomes clear that the two speakers are the alien crew, not the occupants of the car. One of them looks at the other for a long moment then the conversation continues:

"You really want to tell Control that we saw a car on skis with a propeller on the back? Think about it......"

"Well when you put it like that, maybe.... Nah....."

"Damn straight: I need this job!"
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 07, 2015, 06:09:06 AM
Sorry, just got to get this scene out of my head:

One of these things is motoring down a lonely track at night when suddenly a disc-shaped object with multi-coloured lights overtakes it, runs parrallel for a few seconds, then shoots up vertically into the sky. While this is happening, on the soundtrack you can hear two people saying:

"Whoa, did you see that"

"I don't believe it!"

"We've got to report this!"

Then the scene cuts to the inside of the flying saucer, and it becomes clear that the two speakers are the alien crew, not the occupants of the car. One of them looks at the other for a long moment then the conversation continues:

"You really want to tell Control that we saw a car on skis with a propeller on the back? Think about it......"

"Well when you put it like that, maybe.... Nah....."

"Damn straight: I need this job!"

Hehehe, nice one!  :thumbsup:

Why is it that when I saw the pic of that device my head immediately had it rushing to the rescue of a stalled TrackRover?  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Madoc

In Soviet Russia car skis you!
Wherever you go, there you are!

Captain Canada

That's neat and would be an excellent model.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Both would be great in 1/25.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

- Indiana Jones