Surprise! PAK-FA enters South Korean FX-III contest

Started by Supertom, August 05, 2011, 08:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

http://www.janes.com/products/janes/defence-security-report.aspx?ID=1065930093&channel=defence

Certainly a very attractive option if the PAK-FA pans out what with it being in a fairly early developmental phase.  Of course that'll just cause some confusion as the South Koreans already have a T-50 (aka Golden Eagle trainer)

"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

TsrJoe

hahaha, ;D as if thats gonna happen ...  :blink: , stil another for the 'what if' listings tho, along with the forementined articles Typhoon too, my dollars on yet another JSF. signup  :wacko:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

Yeah, I read about this a couple of weeks ago - me thinks the Sth Koreans are going to use it's inclusion as leverage.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MilitaryAircraft101

Well looking at the Russky production numbers of late (su-34, 20) I wonder if it's even going to go into the 450+ numbers projected. And don't SK already have the KAI TFX?

lancer

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on August 06, 2011, 11:10:10 PM
Well looking at the Russky production numbers of late (su-34, 20) I wonder if it's even going to go into the 450+ numbers projected. And don't SK already have the KAI TFX?

I suspect that it will. Especially as Sukhoi have an greement to build them jointly with India with at least 200 in the initial batch going to both countries of course.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die