FH-64 Fighter Apache

Started by Zombolt, August 08, 2011, 06:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombolt

Well, here I am. Going into my first Group build. I will be making a mod of this Apache kit I got two years ago.

With my assisting Overflag. I know the pictures are a little off, yet I still have not dialed in the indoor settings yet...

I plan to add a few other things, Like a Fixed gun, AIM-9 missiles, External ECM, and if I have room, some other missiles.

I hope I followed the rules, and have not missed anything, and hope you will like my kit ;)

jsport

Zombolt

Fiddled with the settings on my Camera, I think I got it a bit better now. What do you thing(vs. the orange guys before. :banghead:)

But in the mean while, I snapped the Rotor shaft off... :angry:

jsport

Just hoping Sidewinders, Sparrows and Stingers are included.  :bow:

Zombolt

I need help Figuring out where the Fix'd Gun should go. I Thought of a check position like the Ka-50, But I'm not to sure...

jsport

If the landing wheels are to retract a center mounted turret on the bottom could engage all under and horizontal aspect providing a great air-to-air advantage.

While a large calibre fixed forward mount could be to one side w/ a refuel pod on the other to provide balance. Those mounts would best be middle to lower on the fuselage.

Additionally, a NOTAR design would be more aerodynamic for air-to-air.  :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

I really like that kit, they are pretty common and not to expensive. I have about four or five myself! Nice start  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

jsport

Zombolt

Good, Have to ad hoc some landing gear doors, and deal with three tree's falling in my backyard

jsport

Goodeal, hope there was no personal or property injury from the trees falling. :o :thumbsup:

Zombolt

No major damage, just the outdoor table. Here's the video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2tY_azLCRQ&feature=channel_video_title

But Back to model action.

Covering up the chain gun hole. There will be some closed landing gear doors

Hull almost done. Someone messed with my camera settings

Now what should I put on the stub wings? I have 4 sparrows, 4 sidewinders, and some rocket pods. What order do I put them. These are a few test to see if they have room.

Taiidantomcat

Would be cool to have the  sparrows conform to those big ugly cheeks kinda like the F-15C Sparrow. Could go twin rack with the sidewinders too  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

jsport

Coolest :bow: The wings look great. Would say Sidewinders on wing tips.

Zombolt

I think I can put two Sparrows to the cheek, since I'm adding a radar array to the nose. I also am wondering what to paint it for...

deathjester

Quote from: Zombolt on August 23, 2011, 10:38:17 AM
I think I can put two Sparrows to the cheek, since I'm adding a radar array to the nose. I also am wondering what to paint it for...

Fleet Air Arm!!!