Freightdog SR.53 progress

Started by Freightdog862, August 13, 2011, 03:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freightdog862

Hi guys, its been a while since I've posted in the Freightdog forum. Here is a bit of progress on the SR.53 kit currently being mastered by Anigrand. This is planned for release in November, I'm currently waiting to receive the initial test castings so I can go back to Arnold to make final changes. Here is a picture of the main parts;

Not the best picture, will post more when I get the parts in hand, and hopefully have them on display at the Farnborough, Sutton Coldfield and Brampton shows. Thanks!

Colin

TsrJoe

looking really good, i'll definately have me one of those when its ready :thumbsup:

hmm, just a thought, as a secondary 'what-if' release you could provide the struts for the Valiant piggyback design based upon the SR. proposals, im sure it would get a few extra sales too  :blink:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Hobbes

Excellent! Will be a nice complement to my Airfix oldie.

Will the airbrakes be done as separate parts?

Freightdog862

Quote from: Hobbes on August 13, 2011, 05:01:51 AM
Excellent! Will be a nice complement to my Airfix oldie.

Will the airbrakes be done as separate parts?

No, I'm trying to keep the parts count down, helps to keep the price down to. Still going to be probably just under £30.
Colin

Green Dragon

Looking great Colin, massive improvement on the old Airfix kit!  :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

kitbasher

Oooooooh!
Anyone planning to get rid of stashed Airfix SR53s when this comes out?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Freightdog862

Five samples pre-production arrived today (it took 1 day to ship from Hong Kong to Heathrow, 6 days from Heathrow to Gatwick - impressive work HM Customs!).  I'll post pics over the weekend, basic outline is spot on, tweaking needed on cockpit and a few minor details to add but generally I'm very happy!

Colin

TsrJoe

sounds good, are you doing the optional wingtip camera pods too as well as 'Blue Jay's (Firestreak) ?

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Freightdog862 on September 02, 2011, 03:34:39 PM
6 days from Heathrow to Gatwick - impressive work HM Customs!). 

Why?

Not why did it take six days, that's just the M25's normal traffic for you, but why did they NEED to move them to Gatwick?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2011, 08:02:24 PM

Why?

Not why did it take six days, that's just the M25's normal traffic for you, but why did they NEED to move them to Gatwick?

Colin lives near Gatwick  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Freightdog862

Quote from: TsrJoe on September 02, 2011, 04:52:08 PM
sounds good, are you doing the optional wingtip camera pods too as well as 'Blue Jay's (Firestreak) ?

cheers, joe

Hi Joe, Anigrand have done both, by the Firestreak master shape is not so good, it may just come with the camera pods.
Colin

Freightdog862

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 03, 2011, 02:38:52 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 02, 2011, 08:02:24 PM

Why?

Colin lives near Gatwick  ;D

I mean 6 days to clear customs and get to Parcelforce at Gatwick so I could collect them!
Colin

Geoff

Like my experience with HLJ -  3 days Japan to UK - 7 days London to Leeds. No comment.

PR19_Kit

HM Customs not only THINK they are a law unto themselves, they really ARE, sad to say.  :banghead:

Come the revolution and all such running dogs will be swept away, you mark my words......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit