It don't look like a RW but it is!!!! Another finished model

Started by matrixone, August 17, 2011, 05:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is that Tamiya Me 262A-1a I have been working on for a while, just finished it this morning.

This model is painted and marked as a Me 262 the was operated by .3/KG(J)54 while it was based at Prag-Rusin in May 1945. The nose on this aircraft was damaged and replaced with the nose from a different Me 262, thats why there is such a difference in the camouflage paint on the nose. Many Me 262s had weak nose gear that would sometimes collapse during landing and that is what may have happened to ''yellow 2''.
Paints used on my model were Model Master enamels and the decals were from the new EagleCals sheet that covers some of the Me 262s in the new JaPo book on the Me 262s used by the KG(J) units.

On to the pics....

Matrixone

Taiidantomcat

I see what you did there! Trying to "fool a whiffer" I see   :wacko:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

frank2056

Is that Adolf Galland standing in front of the Me-262? The camo difference is striking and really well done.

Pablo1965

Wow! this model does not let me down, promised exactly the perfection as finished giving. Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

matrixone

Thanks guys!

frank2056,
Yes thats supposed to be a figure of Galland, its slghtly undersized and would be more convincing if it was a bit taller.

Matrixone

sandiego89

Well done 262!  Really like the grass field, not to undercut the model, but nice job on the surroundings.
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Gondor

Wonderful build as usual Matrixone, love the touch of the nose down 262 in the background especially with the comment in the story about that kind of thing happening.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thank you sandiego89 and Gondor!

Yes the Me 262 did have a weak nose gear design but I suspect quite a few of the failed nose gear struts happened when trying to operate from bomb cratered runways that were freshly filled in...it must have been a rough ride! :o

Matrixone

sequoiaranger

...the camo job, and the "salvaged parts" from other, dis-similarly-painted arcraft!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

arkon

the plastic gods demand sacrifice

Rheged

Quote from: James on August 19, 2011, 04:10:33 AM
Excellent pics of an superb model.  :bow:

Agreed!  I particularly like the b & w and sepia effect photos.   They add a futher touch of verisimilitude to an already exceptional piece of work.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

matrixone

Thanks sequoiaranger, arkon, James, and Rheged!

Matrixone

matrixone

I meant to post this with the rest of the pics, better late than never! ;)

Matrixone