From the largest to the smallest model built in 1/72 or pre-built

Started by McColm, August 19, 2011, 12:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

largest, airfix Vulcan when i was in my teens, did a ok job, it got trashed during house moves, but i use bits for various stuff, smallest, one of the following, airfix hawk ( red plastic red arrow) an OH-6 that i did for fun  or possibly the figures I'm doing for my father in-laws 009 railway, there only reasonable standard wargames style, ( undercoat, base coats, ink wash, maybe a few highlights) but he likes them and his rail modeling friends seem to be amazed that i can do that... ( i don't ever want to show them a properly painted Napoleonic era fig in that scale, those scare me)
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

pyro-manic

Quote from: Green Dragon on August 21, 2011, 10:59:18 AM
a scratchbash armed microlight using landing gear bits from an Airfix Whirlwind helo and the cockpit tub from the F-80 Shooting Star

Do you have any pictures of that? Sounds great! :)
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Green Dragon

'Fraid not pyro, fell off a shelf ages ago and never recovered!  :lol:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

pyro-manic

Ah well. Sounds like a great idea for a quick bits-box build. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

rallymodeller

Had a couple of 1/72 BMW K75 motorcycles -- do they count?

As for largest, add me to the B-36 brigade. The last one I was building was going to be a US Navy patrol bomber with contraprops, a new nose/cockpit and such, but it was destroyed in a move.  :angry:
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Army of One

My smallest in 1/72 is prob an Airfix Gazelle and the biggest a Revell B1.....got a 1/48 Monogram B17 an B24 but will be looking to get rid of them.....got some 1/35 helo's as well....they big because of the rotor diameter....still waiting for my Hind to arrive though....... 
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 20, 2011, 10:22:16 AM
Quote from: JayBee on August 20, 2011, 01:03:05 AM
If you are building the prototype it had the original short wing of 14 foot 3 inches compared to the jet's 17 foot span.

I didn't know that Jim.

My reference article, showing pics of the V tailed prototype, says it could be flown like a motor glider with its '.....long high aspect ratio wings...', so I guess they modified it at some stage or another. Do you know if it always had the V tail or was that modified later too?

Kit,

PM on it's way

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Hobbes

Smallest: 1/144 Harrier
Largest: (unbuilt in stash) 1/125 ISS

kitnut617

Quote from: Hobbes on August 22, 2011, 08:37:19 AM
Smallest: 1/144 Harrier
Largest: (unbuilt in stash) 1/125 ISS

Those don't count Harro ---   ;)  the question was biggest/smallest 1/72 scale
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Martin H

hmmm my largest 72nd scale kit? Must be the the Anigrand C-17 thats gathering dust in the loft. Smallest? mostlikly the three Bede's that are also in the loft
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Quote from: Martin H on August 22, 2011, 11:15:05 AM
hmmm my largest 72nd scale kit? Must be the the Anigrand C-17 thats gathering dust in the loft. Smallest? mostlikly the three Bede's that are also in the loft

I've got a C-17 too, a Combat Models vacuform. But it's not much bigger dimension wise, than the CC-150 I've also got and only half the size of a C-5   ;D :wacko:

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

dragon

Smallest= Panel truck that comes with the Hasegawa USAF Pilots set.
Largest= Revell Space Shuttle.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

NARSES2

All right I'll play.

Smallest in 1/72 - French Lorraine Supply Carrier

Largest in 1/72 - B-36
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.