Concorde Bomber Progress

Started by giraffeboy, August 20, 2011, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giraffeboy

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 23, 2011, 07:30:36 AM
Beauty.....this thread is a great read too !

:cheers:

Here's the idea for the exhaust nozzles :

And here's an edited photoshop one : ( to make it the right colour)

Of course, it will need sanding and a bit of milliput , but what do you guys think? Oh and when i find my files (or buy some new ones) I'll make the insides more open to show the detail I'm gonna add :D

PR19_Kit

Now that's amazingly good! What you can do with normal household things, eh?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hobbes

That's inspired!

Just make sure that your glue and paint won't attack the plastic.

giraffeboy

Thanks for mentioning that - Just did a test and it reacted badly with the glue and paint i use.... oops. Back to square one. :(

giraffeboy

Ok, so, I'm looking for an exhaust nozzle with a diameter of aproximately 1.5cm. Anybody have anything i could use? I'd be happy to pay for postage aswell as the cost of the part. oh, and i would need 4 of them .

Hobbes

Would be a pity not to use them though. CA glue is less reactive than modeling glue, maybe that's worth a try?

PR19_Kit

Or try PVA glue, or Evo-Stick perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: Hobbes on August 23, 2011, 12:19:07 PM
Would be a pity not to use them though. CA glue is less reactive than modeling glue, maybe that's worth a try?

My thoughts as well. I use CA for most stuff especially odd plastic or bonding different materials. Give that super glue a try and see how it goes.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

MilitaryAircraft101

Vantage.. Sounds like an Aston Martin...  :wacko: Beaut job mate..

Pablo1965

Quote from: MilitaryAircraft101 on August 23, 2011, 10:34:09 PM
Vantage.. Sounds like an Aston Martin...  :wacko: Beaut job mate..

I remember another name...Victoria

NARSES2

If paint is attacking the plastic try coating the parts with Future/Klear or any other clear varnish. As for glue then CA or epoxy is the way to go
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

giraffeboy

Reviewing the situation, the red caps aren't the best to use, as the shape isn't as realistic as it could be. Someone has very kindly offered me a set of 2 mig 1.44 nozzles, which should do the job. I just need to source 2 more now :)

Many thanks for all the help for finding solutions :)

Captain Canada

I wasn't a big fan of the red nozzles either...not realistic enough at that scale. Good call !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

giraffeboy

So, I've ordered a Mig 1.44! I think i might beef up the engines a bit more, maybe make them a bit deeper and longer.....

By the way, here's the proposed olympus 593 variant that never got built :

this was proposed for the "b" verion of concorde . Prodicted thrust was 41,000 with out reheat :D

RPadavan2

I spent a week with limited to no internet access while visiting family in the country and my wireless internet card could barely get a signal, so I am playing catch up.  I just read that you found something to use as nozzles, but they reacted badly to the glue.  If you had your heart set on those, my suggestion would be make a mold and cast them up in resin, or find someone willing to do it for you if you can't.