Concorde Bomber Progress

Started by giraffeboy, August 20, 2011, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyp

Vanguard and Vindicator seem like naturals to me.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

MilitaryAircraft101

Before, I said Vantage, but the Vanguard sounds cool. What about the "Velociraptor"  :rolleyes: Vindicator is cool, maybe Vanquish

giraffeboy

Thanks for all the name suggestions, i think my favourites are Vantage, Valiant, Vanquish and vegeance - Perhaps their were a fleet of 4 bombers? Anyway, here's a photoshopped image of the model (edit: extremely photoshopped) as i plan to finish it :

What do you think?

Hobbes

MilitaryAircraft101

Pablo1965

Wow, Very cool! has been worth the wait.  :thumbsup:  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

John Howling Mouse

This is great.  Love how you use image-editing software to help you forecast your concept.  Very clever....   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

giraffeboy

Thanks :) I find it useful , because i can play around with the appearence with out affecting the actual model. :)

TsrJoe

Valiant was one of the trio of 'V bombers' Valiant, Victor and Vulcan, there is a note suggesting Vengeance as a possible name for the F.111 so this might be a more suitable one to use as a 4th 'V bomber' ?
Vanguard appeals too as a pretty imposing name for such an impressive aircraft  :thumbsup:
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

giraffeboy

Hi, yeah i went with valiant to show how i would make the V alot bigger than the rest of the writing, i think Vengeance is what i will use, it fits for some reason. And thanks for the "impressive aircraft" comment - That's exactly what i wanted it to be!

lenny100

like the vanguard name as this aircraft would of entered service around the same time as the last royal navy battleship "vanguard" was on the way to the scrapyard, so passing the defence of the realm onto a new genoration of weapons via the name
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

There may be a slight negative aspect to using Vanguard as it had already been used for the Vickers Mega-Viscount airliner that BEA flew in the 60s and 70s.

Later many of them were converted into Merchantman freighters and spread across the world, the last one being grounded in the mid-90s some time.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 06, 2011, 11:49:00 AM
There may be a slight negative aspect to using Vanguard as it had already been used for the Vickers Mega-Viscount airliner that BEA flew in the 60s and 70s.

Later many of them were converted into Merchantman freighters and spread across the world, the last one being grounded in the mid-90s some time.

Also, with the inter-service rivalry what it was at the time, especially as the RAF had had to accept RN aircraft as a substitute for the all powerful TSR2, using the name of a mere "boat" might have been frowned upon by the top brass in the RAF....

The image looks great tho.

I'm still on the lookout for one of these.  Don't want to settle for 1/144.....

giraffeboy

Vanguard sounds to plain in my opinion. I prefer Vengence. And I think the RAF would have chosen a name that wasn't being used.

The airfix 1/72 kit has a few flaws, however, with a bit of effort these are easily fixed. Anyhow, the size alone in 1/72 is impressive!

Often they crop up on ebay, I bought this one ( i have 3 !!!) from ebay for £10!

James

Quote from: giraffeboy on September 07, 2011, 09:40:44 AM
Often they crop up on ebay, I bought this one ( i have 3 !!!) from ebay for £10!

A tenner! Bargain.