Concorde Bomber Progress

Started by giraffeboy, August 20, 2011, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giraffeboy

This project got put aside for a while, because of school stuff (German Speaking exams in particular. Anyhow, I've still to fit the other engines with the new exhaust nozzles, and then i can give it a coat of paint. However, I'm not too sure about the colour. Would it be a matt white, or a gloss white? Or taking it further, would another colour be better?

LemonJello

I really like the look of the Concorde as a bomber. Slip it into the commercial pattern of a rival's major airport in place of the Speedbird and use it as a potential sneak attack/decapitation strike on the command and control.

And really, can you go wrong with anti-flash white on a bomber like this?
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

sequoiaranger

....if it is going to be a British bomber, better turn the fin flashes around so the red is forward! Right now at least the tail is French! Mon Dieu!

Anyway, lovely beast!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

scooter

Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 18, 2011, 04:56:36 PM
....if it is going to be a British bomber, better turn the fin flashes around so the red is forward! Right now at least the tail is French! Mon Dieu!

Anyway, lovely beast!

All the better to blame the French for the sneak attack. :D

Looking good
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Rheged

Quote from: LemonJello on October 16, 2011, 03:15:44 PM
I really like the look of the Concorde as a bomber. Slip it into the commercial pattern of a rival's major airport in place of the Speedbird and use it as a potential sneak attack/decapitation strike on the command and control.

Be careful with this.  BOAC would charge you for  a considerable amount of  excess baggage on the weight of a bucket or two of instant sunshine
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

giraffeboy

Quote from: scooter on October 18, 2011, 07:24:28 PM
Quote from: sequoiaranger on October 18, 2011, 04:56:36 PM

Anyway, lovely beast!

All the better to blame the French for the sneak attack. :D

Looking good

Ah, woops, tad bit embarrassing! A good thing it wasn't on the model, only the trial image! ;)

LemonJello

Quote from: Rheged on October 19, 2011, 02:13:19 AM

Be careful with this.  BOAC would charge you for  a considerable amount of  excess baggage on the weight of a bucket or two of instant sunshine

But it'd only be a one way charge, right?
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

Rheged

Quote from: LemonJello on October 19, 2011, 04:31:17 PM
Quote from: Rheged on October 19, 2011, 02:13:19 AM

But it'd only be a one way charge, right?

Dead right. one way for the excess baggage and, I sincerely hope, a return for the people.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

giraffeboy

Just found this, some quite interesting footage of the development aircraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPot1yUoBGY

MiB

I am not convinced at all the nose (and perhaps also the name Valiant) but otherwise is a great idea  :tornado: :thumbsup:
My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

giraffeboy

The shape of the nose is based on the prototypes, which  i prefer for a military Concorde. Plus, I broke the visor for the kit!

MiB

My virtual repaint site: http://hangarofmib.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------------
-"Unlimited technology from the whole universe, and we cruise around in a Ford POS?"

-"Nothing is as it seems, guy!"

waynos

It looks big fast and powerful. Like an Aston Martin, maybe the Vanquish model? ;D

giraffeboy

Gosh, its been a long time, and this project has been languishing on the workbench, due to GCSE's etc. Finally though, ive time to complete the lats leg and finish the job :) A couple of bits just need to be sanded and filled, however after that, all that needs to be done is paint and decals. Now, i should hopefully have pictures up in a couple of days, but first, I need to work out whether to do it in gloss white or matt white - any advice?

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....