Concorde Bomber Progress

Started by giraffeboy, August 20, 2011, 12:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

royabulgaf

So far the model is absolutely stunning!  I don't know how much money you want to invest in this, but please consider:  You have already devoted a considerable amount of effort to making this model plausible.  Don't falter now over what's the expression, a ha'pence worth of tar?  If you don't have some appropriate exhausts in your loft insulation, perhaps there are some swap meets soon?  Perhaps bite the bullet and see if there are any aftermarket TSR nozzles?
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year

giraffeboy

Hey, "Mossie" suggested i use mig 1.44 nozzles, and kindly sent me 2 from his kit. I have ordered another mig 1.44 for the other 2 nozzles. Here is how they look :

Hobbes

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

giraffeboy

Cobra

have you Decided on Paint Scheme & Markings Yet? just asking,No Offense meant.Dan

RPadavan2

Coming along very nicely!  It is interesting to see how the progress is coming.  :cheers:

giraffeboy

Well, i plan to do it a bit like this:

White overall, with the nose partly in black, with raf roundels and the bombers name (still not decided yet) in fancy lettering on the side of the forward fuselage. :)

giraffeboy

In tandem with this project i am building a model of G-BOAF (the one at filton) with a interior and working lights. Its the same kit as the bombcorde (airfix 1/72, sadly not being produced at the mo ) . And as i store the bits in one big box, the parts for both builds get taken from the nearest sprue, meaning that some bits for G-boaf end up on bombcorde, and vice versa. But i manage somehow!

For G-boaf, I am building it with the forward passenger door open, and have constructed a basic structural interior, with photo-shopped and drawn images printed and fixed on, and surprisingly the effect is very realistic. Its impossible to find images of the area just inside the door, and I've had to refer to youtube videos and structural drawings.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

bluedonkey99

Quote from: giraffeboy on August 29, 2011, 06:22:44 AM
and the bombers name (still not decided yet)

surely, it has to be a "V-bomber" style name? vixen,victory, victorious, vanquish,vandel,vesuvius,Valentine,Viper...
unless it becomes the first "W-Bomber", the Wolverine!?

BD99

RussC

Quote from: bluedonkey99 on August 31, 2011, 02:47:00 PM
Quote from: giraffeboy on August 29, 2011, 06:22:44 AM
and the bombers name (still not decided yet)

surely, it has to be a "V-bomber" style name? vixen,victory, victorious, vanquish,vandel,vesuvius,Valentine,Viper...
unless it becomes the first "W-Bomber", the Wolverine!?

BD99

Vixen was in use by the RN,  ;)  Vantage, Vindictive, Vengeance (It was a retaliation strategy machine) If vowel A was used in Valiant, and I in the Victor and U in the Vulcan, then a VE or VY should be the next logical step for a fourth plane, assuming the TSR2 hadn't used one of these already.

RC  :mellow:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Mr.Creak

Whiffers of a certain age may well remember a piece of fiction (I read it in one of those Reader's Digest 4-books-in-one publications) called Village of Stars (by David Beaty writing as Paul Stanton) with a follow-on V-bomber called Venger.
Vanguard (as per Britain's last battleship) also appeals to me as a V-bomber name.
What if... I had a brain?

PR19_Kit

At the speed it could go perhaps it should be called the 'Vanish'!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

royabulgaf

If you want to keep it British, how about "Valinor" or "Valar", after Tolkein's Silmarillion gods.  If you are only going to have a dozen or so in the fleet, you could have the "Valar" class and name each aircraft for one of the gods.
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year