F-6H Mustang, the forgotten PR aircraft.....

Started by PR19_Kit, August 22, 2011, 03:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 25, 2011, 07:35:05 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2011, 07:03:25 AM

AFAIK the M News P-51H is the only injection one around,

Hi-Planes did one

Quote from: Martin H on August 25, 2011, 08:31:52 AM
Beechnut (remember them?) did one as well.

Got them in the stash, two of the High Planes though.  M(odel) News kits I have are the Spit Mk.XII and the NA A-36 Apache
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

I wish I'd known about the High Planes and Beechnut versions!

Yes, what DID happen to Beechnut? They did some good stuff.

And yes Lee, I'm 100% with you about the Merlin TSR2, it was NOTHING like a TSR2! Trying to cram an aircraft that big into their standard size box was just crazy.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

The High Planes one would be just as much work, if not more, to get it to fit together.  I've built their Sea Fury (as a Fury) and their Seafire III is half done.  Lots of work to trim and fit but the end result is well worth it.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 25, 2011, 09:25:16 AM
Yes, what DID happen to Beechnut? They did some good stuff.

According to the PAK-20 book Kit, Beechnut was started in 1989 by James Husted but all production ended in the mid 90's. He had 14 kits in his listing, one of which being an updated kit of an earlier one.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

Hi-Planes did one

Don't you mean "do one" in the present tense, rather than "did one" in the past?  Its still available I believe.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on August 25, 2011, 03:57:27 PM

Hi-Planes did one

Don't you mean "do one" in the present tense, rather than "did one" in the past?  Its still available I believe.

I looked on the Hi Planes website and it didn't appear to be there. I do have one in the stash however for a rainy day
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

While digging through my umpteen projects I came across the box for the Fujimi Spitfire PRXIX that donated its engine and various other bits to my MB8 Marlin. I'd forgotten that the Fujimi kit is actually a PRXIX/FXIV hybrid and the pump fairings for the leading edge tanks are separate parts.  :thumbsup:

So the rather crude fairings I'd added to the F-6H were scalpeled off and now it has some nice, neat proper fairings. The PSR on the wing is done (thank goodness!) and after I've cleaned off around the pump fairings I'll give it a coat of primer before scribing the panel lines onto the new bits. The PSR on the fuselage still has some more to go, I think I must be filling up the inside of it! Tailplanes are modified so they actually fit the slots in the fuselage (!) and soon it'll be time to graft on the Obscureco camera ports. I think I'll need a BIG magnifier for that job!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2011, 03:12:05 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on August 25, 2011, 03:57:27 PM

Hi-Planes did one

I looked on the Hi Planes website and it didn't appear to be there. I do have one in the stash however for a rainy day

http://www.hpmhobbies.com/products/High-Planes-North-American-P%252d51H-Mustang-%28Kit-1%3A72%29.html - if you're interested.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

sequoiaranger

...that you would be adding WINGSPAN to an aircraft??  :smiley:

I like it so far.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2011, 03:20:42 AM
While digging through my umpteen projects I came across the box for the Fujimi Spitfire PRXIX that donated its engine and various other bits to my MB8 Marlin. I'd forgotten that the Fujimi kit is actually a PRXIX/FXIV hybrid and the pump fairings for the leading edge tanks are separate parts.  :thumbsup:

If you don't have any plans for the wing and canopy, I could take them off your hands?  ;D
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 29, 2011, 10:06:11 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 27, 2011, 03:20:42 AM

If you don't have any plans for the wing and canopy, I could take them off your hands?  ;D

No probs, they're just lying in the box with nothing to attach themselves to now. By post or at Telford?

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Telford will do nicely.  I'm in no hurry because I'm already up to my eyes in the final phase of construction - final date for that is September 15th if I've any chance of getting anything finished for Telford.  As it is, I've pushed quite a bit of The Plan back into next year and I'm still having ideas to slot into it.

If there's any other Spitfire bits you're looking to dispose of, I'd be happy to give them a good home.  I'll be passing that Griffon engine back too as the mould is now done.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: