F-6H Mustang, the forgotten PR aircraft.....

Started by PR19_Kit, August 22, 2011, 03:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

And now this one's done too. At this rate I won't have any modelling to do tomorrow.......  ;D

I give you 441092, an F-6H Photo Mustang flying with the 15th TRS over Germany (and elsewhere....) in late 1945.

General view of the aircraft

A close-up view of the nose-art etc. Dunno why it looks spotty, it isn't really

Rear 3/4 view

Underside view showing the vertical camera port and its door

Here's the backstory :- https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=33899.msg534254#msg534254
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

It's a beautiful plane, has things that remind me of the Breguet 1060 Alize, and next autumn the natural beauty of Mustang, which is a great creation.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

rickshaw

Looks very nice indeed!   Considering what you started with, you've done a good job!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: rickshaw on November 09, 2011, 05:32:13 PM
Looks very nice indeed!   Considering what you started with, you've done a good job!   :thumbsup:

Thanks for that.  ;D

Yes, it was a bag of bolts to kick of with, I'm darned if I wanted to build a fighter P-51H I'd not use one of those again.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Daryl J.