Harrier and Sea Harrier

Started by Radish, March 12, 2003, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

It may have already been suggested, but what about a RAF, land based Sea Harrier FRS.1 as a compliment to the Harrier GR.3s in West Germany during the '70s/'80s?  Operating in a pure air defence role with a bevy of sidewinders + cannon.  What would be a good name/designation - Harrier F.4 perhaps?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

Given the MoD's habit of not recycling numbers for the same family of aircraft, you might have to venture into F.5, as there was a T.4 trainer.

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Quote from: Maverick on April 05, 2011, 05:55:10 PM
Given the MoD's habit of not recycling numbers for the same family of aircraft, you might have to venture into F.5, as there was a T.4 trainer.

Regards,

Mav

I guess it would really depend when it entered service - I am happy either with F.4 or F.5.

Mind you, you just triggered another idea - two seat Sea Harrier trainer with radar. ;)

Regards,

Greg

GTX

Of course, the West German Luftwaffe might also need to be a Harrier F.4/F.5 operator. along with Switzerland and Austria...

Regards,

Greg

Army of One

Oh....some interesting colour schemes come to mind there.......
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Hobbes

Quote from: GTX on April 05, 2011, 05:49:10 PM
It may have already been suggested, but what about a RAF, land based Sea Harrier FRS.1 as a compliment to the Harrier GR.3s in West Germany during the '70s/'80s?  Operating in a pure air defence role with a bevy of sidewinders + cannon.  What would be a good name/designation - Harrier F.4 perhaps?

Regards,

Greg

Ah, the precursor to my F.8:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: GTX on April 05, 2011, 05:59:47 PM
Mind you, you just triggered another idea - two seat Sea Harrier trainer with radar. ;)

Tom Clancy beat you to it Greg.  ;D

There's one just like that mentioned in 'The Hunt for Red October', which I've just re-read for the umpteenth time!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: GTX on April 05, 2011, 05:59:47 PM

Regards,

Greg

I've got a couple on the go Greg,  this is what I'm calling a Sea Harrier F.3, I'm using an F-4E nose cone on this one

and this one will be an ECM Harrier, using an F-16 nose cone. The arrows show where I'll blend it into the fuselage.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

pyro-manic

That last one looks very interesting - duck-billed Harrier? :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

GTX

Sea Harrier FA.3 anyone?

Regards,

Greg

Hobbes

Is this derived from the GR.5/7?

GTX

Gondor

That is exactly the same as one I made a couple of years ago.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

GTX

:thumbsup:

I guess great minds think alike...or fools never differ ;D

Regards,

Greg

The Wooksta!

Who's the pilot of that Shar?  Someone called Flemming or Bond, perhaps?

I did a RN Banshee in FRADU markings some years back, coded 007 and had the pilot as a James Flemming.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic