Harrier and Sea Harrier

Started by Radish, March 12, 2003, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: AS.12 on August 18, 2018, 12:42:25 PM

Perhaps that's the thigh strap.  Stop giggling at the back.

;) ;D ;D

I wonder what the cost in comparison to the "regular" one was ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Air21

A De-VTOLized Harrier? Wouldn't that just be a Skyhawk with a high bypass turbofan?

Actually thinking about a Skyhawk with an AV-8B+ nose hung on the front sounds pretty amazing  :wub: ooh and a new supercritical wing  :wacko:

The Big Gimper

Found this on FB.

The owner of Lonewulf models, Adrian, has stated: "As I am working on another Sea Harrier project, I am also going to re-release the Sidetrack Harrier conversion as it has not been out for a while."

Adrian's Ebay seller ID is "swalbe321".
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Weaver

Posted on Twitter by @JetArtAviation: https://twitter.com/JetArtAviation/status/1186645147674710018?s=20

Handy reference photos for anyone doing the VAAC Harrier (Originals are pretty big if you go to the link).

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

Oooh that's great stuff ! Phenomenal shots ! Thanks for sharing ! *click * save

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

For good stability/control, a Twin-Harrier may be good, should I make a picture of it or has this been already done? (the search tool does not find it) :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Hobbes

Well, there was the 'tuning fork' proposal.

sandiego89

Thought my UK friends might like to see their old Harriers being put to some use (and thanks for the bargain basement price!)  ;D

Found these 5 at Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point last month, picked pretty clean in support of continued AV-8B operations.  Quite a few remain in Arizona at the boneyard. 

Noted ZG503 and ZG471 which I believe was the first GR7 built as such (not a GR5 conversion).  Some interesting mission marks. 

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............................  :banghead:

I PAID for them!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 29, 2019, 04:05:43 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.............................

I had a feeling this would resonate with you Kit, a real shame to invest in the fleet then let it all go, but I guess it is nice to see them being used for something.

While I am familiar with the GR1, GR3, GR5, GR7 and GR9, and the associated T1 to T8, I'm not familiar with the Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr designation....

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Tophe

Quote from: Hobbes on November 29, 2019, 12:12:03 PM
Well, there was the 'tuning fork' proposal.
Thanks! I love this twin-nose Harrier!
But I am adding the missing one: the twin-tail full double version (saving weight on the external little wheels, discarded): <_<
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Weaver

Another gorgeous VAAC Harrier pic posted on Twitter by @JetArtAviation:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Cool shots, but yes, they should be back home and still in service ! I'm hoping to hit the Cherry Point Airshow this year.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Caveman

VAAC is currently for sale...
secretprojects forum migrant