Harrier and Sea Harrier

Started by Radish, March 12, 2003, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

She's nearly as old as me and looks to be in much better condition.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

She looks in terrific condition, and she'd fit nicely in my front garden. I expect the neighbours would object though, just like they did when Mrs_PR19 wanted me to buy a Wessex to park there!  ;D ;)

And if it wasn't for that aircraft the F-35 wouldn't fly anywhere near as well or as safely as it does. John Farley wrote a whole chapter about it in his lovely book 'A View from the Hover'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

megamoto

Quote from: Weaver on February 06, 2020, 02:09:04 AM
Another gorgeous VAAC Harrier pic posted on Twitter by @JetArtAviation:

That's a HUGE crane....... I'll get my coat....

Martin H

Quote from: Weaver on May 09, 2020, 05:16:38 AM
Quote from: Caveman on February 16, 2020, 08:59:49 AM
VAAC is currently for sale...

Yep - a tweet just led me to the full listing: https://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft/military-classic-vintage/hawker-siddeley/Harrier/357553
I'd hate to think what the asking price is.
She should be in the experimentals hanger at Cosford at the very least.

Oh and the F-35B VTOL Autoland software she tested was writen by a guy who was a cadet I trained back in my Civi instructor days with the Air Cadets.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

kerick

Man, if only I had a pile of crazy stupid money!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

sideshowbob9

I came thiiis close to buying a Buccaneer once. They were going for comparative peanuts at the time (I assume they were just shells by that stage). Only problem was my location was in a state of flux.

Crazy days.

McColm

When I was in the Royal Auxiliary Air Force 1986-1997 the unit through a friend of a friend managed to get tickets for the Waddington Air Show. That was a free weekend for me,  as my job was to prevent the general public from unscrewing parts from the static aircraft on display. I convinced an American chap that the Gannet AEW was flown by the French Navy well how was he to know that it was an Alize. I managed to negotiate a good deal with him including a C-5 Galaxy to deliver it to his home state. His wife saw right through this but played along upto the point when he said ' do you take American Express?'

PR19_Kit

Mrs_PR19 always wanted me to buy a Wessex to sit in our front garden!

We could have afforded it too as they were going STUPIDLY cheap, but a) it would have cost a bomb to move to Lydney, and to crane into our garden, and b) our neighbours MAY have been a  trifle miffed at losing the view from their front room.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 17, 2020, 08:04:38 AM
Mrs_PR19 always wanted me to buy a Wessex to sit in our front garden!

We could have afforded it too as they were going STUPIDLY cheap, but a) it would have cost a bomb to move to Lydney, and to crane into our garden, and b) our neighbours MAY have been a  trifle miffed at losing the view from their front room.  ;D

Neighbours!  What do they know?  Not much!  Bunch of nobs...   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Rick Lowe

I was given a set of old ModelWorld magazines dated 1973, within which there is a series of articles on the Harrier and it's ancestors/development, complete with drawings.

I don't have a scanner, but if anyone is interested in copies PM me and I'll see what I can do. :thumbsup:

Cheers

McColm

Are all the Yak-38 Forgers melted down or can you still pick one up on the cheap?

Zero-Sen

Harrier with 2D intake and delta wing.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Mossie

Nice, not unlike some of the HS advanced VTOL concepts. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.