Main Menu

So.....

Started by tc2324, August 29, 2011, 06:18:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo1965

A great idea, and awesome planes, an enviable trio of aircraft.  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

EPIC! :bow: No two ways about it!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

frank2056

That's a great trio of aircraft! The USAF Vulcan is fantastic. Beautiful metal finish!

Cobra

Superb Job :thumbsup: Seeing a Vulcan in SAC Livery is Too Cool! i could Almost in my Head picture the Sight of Vulcans Lifting off after the scramble Klaxon sounded,Lifting Skyward! you may want to do a Diorama with Your SAC Vulcan. Keep up the Great work :cheers: :cheers: Dan

RussC

Superb trio. The Vulcan would look great in pretty much any paint or lack of it. Another film to retool would be "A Gathering of Eagles".
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

tc2324

Thanks all for the kind comments. :cheers: Glad the Vulcan was well liked but in a funny way I`ve got quite attached to the B-47 although this was the `spin off` project from the main one which was the Vulcan. Strange how this hobby can have that effect on you...  :lol:

Quote from: The Big Gimper on August 29, 2011, 06:27:58 AM
Where do you store them?

The great attic in the sky...., well..., the loft in my case. ;D

Quote from: johnsjunk on August 29, 2011, 10:50:31 AM
What aluminium paint did you use on the Vulcan?

Used Humbrol spray in a can, the polished Alunimum version. ;)

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 29, 2011, 09:32:52 AM
Beautifull  :wub:

Agreed!   It's another of the "What really should have been..."  rather than merely "What If..."  group.  Impressive and unexpected.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Leading Observer

LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

lancer

Outstanding!! They look really amazing.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

kitbasher

So which one is the whif?  ;)
All three are very nice - especially like the B-47.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sideshowbob9

Geoff

sequoiaranger

I love this triad. Is the "swept-wing B-29" whiffed that way, or is it a RW aircraft the Soviets rigged up? It looks very appropriate, regardless!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

tc2324

:cheers: all.

Quote from: sequoiaranger on September 04, 2011, 09:29:29 AM
Is the "swept-wing B-29" whiffed that way, or is it a RW aircraft the Soviets rigged up?

A pure whif sequoiaranger. I wanted to `jet up` a B-29 to start with and then it snowballed from there. The Soviets seemed the natural candidates to do something like this.

A Tu-90 thread with it`s backstory on the following linky....  ;)

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,33123.0.html
74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!