McDonnell Douglas Alternative Harrier Replacement.

Started by kitnut617, September 02, 2011, 03:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

nighthunter

That was an awesome technical explanation that even a layman can understand.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

aerofan

Thanks Robert for the details about the engine operation my intention wasn't to knock down your what-if but I was just curious. Seems very interesting how you associated the thrust reverser system on airliners, not the clamshell types, for a cold air thrust. Still looking foward to the end result of your build.  :thumbsup:

kitnut617

Quote from: aerofan on March 02, 2013, 10:29:00 AM
Thanks Robert for the details about the engine operation my intention wasn't to knock down your what-if but I was just curious. Seems very interesting how you associated the thrust reverser system on airliners, not the clamshell types, for a cold air thrust. Still looking foward to the end result of your build.  :thumbsup:

No slight taken aerofan, I thought I had posted how the idea worked on this forum (I've got the build going on two others) so I got mixed up with what I had posted where.

The thrust reverser system seemed to me the easiest way to do it as it's basically doing the same thing.  I did look at other types but nothing worked as simply as this.

Old Wombat

I'm reviving this, just coz I can & just to say "WOW!" :blink:

This is just an awesome build, kitnut! :thumbsup:

You really need to get back to this. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Thanks Mate!

I have done a bit to it over the months, mostly to do with the wing pylons and what they will be loaded with.  I'll post some pics later this week.

Still sorting out the undercarriage though, I decided to change the configuration a bit which means new parts will have to be fabricated. As it's all made out of brass I had to buy a mini bench-vice to hold the parts better while I cut the bits.  But it's not a very good one  :banghead:

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

DogfighterZen

This is one cool build! Excellent thinking on the whole thing!  :thumbsup:
Looking forward to see more!
:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

FAR148

Very inspiring project! :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work!
Steven L  :cheers:

Captain Canada

Now that you've posted the teaser on the other thread, time to get back at 'er Mister !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Well I was planning on restarting it Todd, first to get my Twin Fury finished, then the AV-19

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?