Hi Hurri, or Hawker Hurricane HPR1

Started by JayBee, September 05, 2011, 11:06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Well I think I have the wing finished at last with all blemishes gone.

JIm
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

It gets better and better Jim.  :thumbsup:

Are you sure you haven't added even more span to it since the last piccies? It looks even bigger now!  ;D

I'm not sure the two guys in ejector seats, or the big blown canopy, we can see in the piccie will be appropriate though......  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pablo1965

This is going well, the plane have a very nice image and clean lines  :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

JayBee

Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends.
Ladies, Gentlemen, and Whiffers prepare for your jaws to be dropped, your mind to be bamboozeled, and your flabbers to be gastted.

Luqa. Malta 1941.

69 Squadron operated a stripped down/unarmed Rhoto-Recon. version of the Hurricane I, however this aircraft was still susceptible to interception by enemy fighters. Two of the engineering staff at Luqa came up with an idea to improve the aircraft's survivability, they were Flt. Lt. Simon Carpper and W.O. Brian Otchett.
They approached the OC with the suggestion that as V7101 had damaged one of it's wing tips in a landing accident they could rebuild it with extended wing tips to enable it to fly higher. Their case was aided by the fact that Flt. Lt. Carpper had been an internationally renowned sailplane pilot before the war, and W.O. Otchett had been involved in the building of a number of light aircraft.
The request was approved.
One other problem that had been recognised was that of the rarified atmosphere at great hight, in fact it was hoped that the aircraft would be capable of operating at heights where just breathing pure oxygen would not be sufficient.
Simon, from his gliding days was aware of experiments that had been ongoing to develop a lightweight semi-pressurised flying suit, originally intended for glider pilots attempting altitude records. This work had been carried out by two inventors in the clothing industry called Zefrim E. Fittzoll and Oliver Nesi.
Communications with the appropriate authorities in London ensured that two of these suits were obtained and rushed to Malta along with the previous weeks issues of the Times.
Records show that the aircraft flew successfully and carried out numerous missions without being intercepted. Unofficial records indicate that the aircraft was easily capable of exceeding 50,000ft and there are claims that it was even capable of exceeding 60,000ft..
Unfortunately the final fate of the aircraft is not known.

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

PR19_Kit

That Jim, is SUPERB!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like the idea, the build and the backstory. (and the serial looks just fine too..............)

This long winged stuff is catching on.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

sideshowbob9

QuoteThis long winged stuff is catching on.

Indeed! Great Hurri!  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

Nice Hurricane, Jaybee!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 27, 2011, 12:12:50 PM
The Hurri's Merlin already had a supercharger, and R-R didn't make blower-less Merlins, unless you count early Kestrels......

or the Rover Meteor...

Pablo1965

It´s a dream, like the wellesley, and the scheme is very awesome.  :thumbsup:

Ed S

I don't know how you did it, but those long wings look "right" on the Hurricane.

Well done!! :thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

The Big Gimper

Great job Jim. Long live the long wings.  :bow:

Should we have a LWGB?
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

rickshaw

Can't be too many long-wings that Kit hasn't already built or got planned...

Its a well done Hurricane.  Looks the part.   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Great work Jim. Love the "replacement" ? tail in the origional colours
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

That is part of the trickery Chris. Everything about this model is RW apart from the wings  :wacko:

Jim

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

AND,

A change to the backstory. The final fate of the aircraft is now known  :wacko:

"The aircraft did survive the war and was eventually recovered by the RAF Museum, in a very dilapidated state, from North Africa. It has now been fully restored and is on display in the RAF Museum at Cosford  next to the Meteor PR-19, in the "High Flyers" exhibition."

Jim

Cats are not real. 

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on November 08, 2011, 04:45:57 AM
"The aircraft did survive the war and was eventually recovered by the RAF Museum, in a very dilapidated state, from North Africa. It has now been fully restored and is on display in the RAF Museum at Cosford  next to the Meteor PR-19, in the "High Flyers" exhibition."

That would be on the opposite side to 'Penelope Pitstop's' Skean Dhu, would it?  ;D :lol:

Regards
Kit