Wanted:RAF Helicopter Decals

Started by Zombolt, September 08, 2011, 02:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zombolt

I need some 1/48 scale decals for Royal Air Force Helicopter. I never did this before, so if I mess up, let me know ok?

Thank you for your time.

PR19_Kit

Which helicopter and what period of history ate you thinking of? There's loads of different type that could apply here.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RotorheadTX

Yeah, what he said.  :wacko:

I've got loads of 1/72nd scale RAF helo stuff; let me know what you're after, and maybe I can find something that scales up...

Zombolt

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 09, 2011, 04:15:58 AM
Which helicopter and what period of history ate you thinking of? There's loads of different type that could apply here.

late 1970 to 1980's, Around the Falklands war would be best, but I can work with modern era decals too. Harrier Decals would be fine too.

Zombolt

Sorry for the double post, but if I could be sent to where to buy decals, that would work too. Kinda in a hurry.

PR19_Kit

Like I said, it depends on the type(s) you're modelling, or the root of them anyway.

Big H has a good search engine for such things and it comes up with two 1/48 RAF decal sheets that include helicopters, a Merlin, a Squirrel, a Griffon, an A-109, but you may be thinking of other types.

Big H's link is here :- http://www.hannants.co.uk/
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit