Wanted : 747-100 1/144 UNDERCARRIAGE AND DECALS (British Airways)

Started by giraffeboy, September 10, 2011, 01:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giraffeboy

Hey, after buying a job lot of old airfix on ebay, i've decided to rebuild a 747. The landing gear is broken (the model was half built by a kid) and i was wondering if anyone on here had a set which they dd not need.

Also, does anyone have a decal set for a British Airways Aircraft which they aren't using ? F-DECAL do a set however while their decals are very good they are also very expensive.

I can buy or exchange :)

PR19_Kit

I've got more than one set of 747-400 landing gear from the Revell kit. It knocks spots off the Airfix stuff!

What period of BA markings do you need? The Revell kit comes with the Landor 'blue fin' type and I think I have one of them spare too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

I have this kit

As I'll be using this to work out and practice on so I can make a Boeing XC-X Galaxy in 1/72 scale using one of my Aircraft in Miniature kits, all the u/c and decals are surplus to requirement.  You're more than welcome to them, just pay the postage ( the catch --- I'm in Canada   ;D )
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

That's the Landor scheme you have on that kit Robert, the best ever BA scheme to my mind! Classy and typically Brit.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 11, 2011, 01:22:43 AM
That's the Landor scheme you have on that kit Robert, the best ever BA scheme to my mind! Classy and typically Brit.  ;D

Thanks for that Kit, I'm not really into airline colours and schemes so I had no idea what it is.  If you can help GF out, go ahead, but if not the offer still stands.

giraffeboy

Thankyou both for the very kind offers :D  I think i prefer airfix landing gear, as i have found revells to be complicated and fiddly to say the least! Thankyou very much for the offer though PR19kit  :) May i ask, how much would postage be to the uk Kitnut617?

kitnut617

Quote from: giraffeboy on September 11, 2011, 07:20:46 AM
Thankyou both for the very kind offers :D  I think i prefer airfix landing gear, as i have found revells to be complicated and fiddly to say the least! Thankyou very much for the offer though PR19kit  :) May i ask, how much would postage be to the uk Kitnut617?

I'll find out for you, it'll be next week sometime though.  PM me your post code so I can get a better fix on the price

kitnut617

Hey GF, I did a quick check just so to get an idea of what postage it would be and as I didn't know where exactly you are, I picked London as a destination.  The cheapest airmail to there is C$8.53.  I've put the u/c into a small container that will protect them somewhat and I cut the decal sheet (carefully) so it would go in a smaller bubble-mailer package.  Over to you now -----

giraffeboy

kitnut617

Tell you what, just send me your mailing addy as I was going to suggest PayPal.  But then thinking about it, by the time they take their cut, and then again when I transfer the money, there won't be very much left.

So I'll just send it to you and maybe sometime down the road, you might be able to help with something I'm after.

giraffeboy

Ok, well if you are sure. That is very kind and generous of you. :) And yes of course, if you ever need anything, i hope i can return the favour :)

Many thanks

Alastair

kitnut617