Main Menu

CF-155A

Started by Keith Diamond, September 13, 2011, 11:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Diamond

Finally got the chance to upload pics of my last Eagle.

Academy kit
Testors F-18 decals
Homemade decals for the crew names, kill marking, and inside tail art
Hasegawa AIM-120s
CFTs from the Academy Strike Eagle kit
True Detail ACES II
Flory Models wash

I almost forgot to paint the false canopy and forgot to make the spot light until after I already sealed up the forward fuselage, so the spot light is noticeably raised.  As with the Vietnam era Eagle, I had fun with the crew names (LCol Robin Scherbatsky and Cpl Tim Horton), and had to put up a MiG-29 kill marking.

Man, we should have cloned twenties. Jackson wouldn't have given a poo-poo.

Keith Diamond

Hobbes

Nice Eagle, she looks good in that scheme.

sideshowbob9

Ed S

Looks good. Very appropriate and believable.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Alvis 3.14159

Awesome eh?
The Eagle is what the Air Force wanted, it would have been perfect for the NORAD role, less so as a ground attack plane in Europe. I like this scheme, it really suits the plane. Besides, everyone knows false canopies make you invincible!

Alvis Pi

Pablo1965

Agreed with all, is a very nice plane :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Just as awesome as the SEA-Eagle!

Don't know whether there's a "rule of three" in whiffing contexts, but presuming there is, what's next? Imperial Iranian?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Captain Canada

Gorgeous ! And I knew it ! The Eagle is such a perfect aeroplane that it can even walk on water ! ;-bb)

Always thought that Canada should have bought the Eagle. Especially now that we could have E's as well.

Great job. She looks absolutely perfect, so good, in fact, that nobody else should even bother building another CDN Eagle...they'd just be wasting their time !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 13, 2011, 04:42:22 PM
Great job. She looks absolutely perfect, so good, in fact, that nobody else should even bother building another CDN Eagle...they'd just be wasting their time !

Not to steal Keith's thunder (GREAT MODEL BTW) but wait to you see my AETE Beagle, Toad!

The Rat

She's a beauty Squirrel, looks natural!  :thumbsup: :bow:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

MilitaryAircraft101

QuoteLCol Robin Scherbatsky
Lol   :cheers:

Keith Diamond

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!  And there's always room to improve on an idea (especially with the amount of creativity on this site), so I'm sure Scooterman's AETE Beagle will be awesome.

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on September 13, 2011, 03:18:46 PM
Don't know whether there's a "rule of three" in whiffing contexts, but presuming there is, what's next? Imperial Iranian?

Sorry, no more Eagle WhIfs from me right now.  The third jet in this build was a real world F-15A.

A spin on my SEA Eagle idea would be to leave it in SEA camo, add some Israeli roundels and Egyptian kill markings and make it into a Nickle Grass jet.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Excellent build, Keith. Reminds me... I have two more Canadistani builds in my 'must do' pile !!

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)