The Worst Instructions

Started by Weaver, September 15, 2011, 04:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Just been reading the whole thread as I have a quiet period at work. Very hard not laughing out loud at times  ;D :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

The instructions that came with a really cheap Polish model of an Iskra. See that weird lump on the side of what is trying to be the nose section? there was a corresponding one on the other side, but I have never seen an illustration of an Iskra with those lumps.

by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/190327384@N02/]Dave Bailey, on Flickr
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

comrade harps

Quote from: The Rat on February 12, 2022, 07:52:53 PM
The instructions that came with a really cheap Russian model of an Iskra. See that weird lump on the side of what is trying to be the nose section? there was a corresponding one on the other side, but I have never seen an illustration of an Iskra with those lumps.

by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/190327384@N02/]Dave Bailey, on Flickr

One of these?

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1918_a_PZL_TS-11-200SB_Bis-DF(R)_Iskra_I_of_OSzl_of_the_Polish_Air_Force.jpg
Whatever.

zenrat

That's Polish rather than Russian.  The language the instructions are written in that is.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Nick

The instructions that came with a really cheap Russian model of an Iskra. See that weird lump on the side of what is trying to be the nose section? there was a corresponding one on the other side, but I have never seen an illustration of an Iskra with those lumps.

That paper is rougher than a sheet of Wet'n'Dry! I can feel it thru the screen  ;D

Mossie

Like that toilet paper you used to get at school... :o
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Rat

Quote from: zenrat on February 13, 2022, 03:38:12 AM
That's Polish rather than Russian.  The language the instructions are written in that is.

Correct. CORRECT YOU ARE! I should have noticed that. Not Cyrillic.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Quote from: comrade harps on February 13, 2022, 02:41:28 AM
One of these?

Looks like it. Why was I not informed of this? JENKINS, WHAT DO I PAY YOU FOR?!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on February 13, 2022, 10:02:12 AM

That paper is rougher than a sheet of Wet'n'Dry! I can feel it thru the screen  ;D

Hehehehe, LOVE that concept Nick.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Very evocative description.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: The Rat on February 13, 2022, 11:10:53 AM
One of these?

Jenkins: "You pay me?"

The wierd lump is the fairing over the 23mm cannon body on the armed version. However AFAIK it was only even on one side, so the kit is still wrong to have two of them.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Rat

Quote from: Weaver on February 13, 2022, 05:39:52 PM
Quote from: The Rat on February 13, 2022, 11:10:53 AM
One of these?

Jenkins: "You pay me?"

The wierd lump is the fairing over the 23mm cannon body on the armed version. However AFAIK it was only even on one side, so the kit is still wrong to have two of them.

;D   :thumbsup:

zenrat

It's dual purpose innit.  Once you've built the model you can use the instructions during the PSR stage of construction.

Quote from: Mossie on February 13, 2022, 10:43:56 AM

My mum used to buy that.  We never did find out why she hated us so but when we all moved out she switched to the soft stuff.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

My Arma Hobby TS-11 Iskra bis DF comes with only one lump, on the right side. This breech/ammunition feed housing, along with the gun fairing & barrel are attached separately. So mine can be built without the gun, if I wish.

The kit is described as a "Junior Set" but is, actually, a rather nicely moulded kit with slightly deep panel lines (which I think will be fine once paint is applied) & a nicely detailed cockpit for the scale (1/72).

The instructions look pretty good, too.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on February 14, 2022, 03:35:18 AM

Quote from: Mossie on February 13, 2022, 10:43:56 AM

My mum used to buy that.  We never did find out why she hated us so but when we all moved out she switched to the soft stuff.

Yea, but it was dual purpose as well. Could always be used as grease proof paper for wrapping the old man's sandwiches in for lunch. Hopefully before being used for its intended purpose  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.