R

US Army Atomic Cannon

Started by RotorheadTX, September 18, 2011, 06:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotorheadTX

I just saw a blurb on Cybermodeler that Revell is going to re-issue the old Renwal Atomic Cannon.
I know it leaves some things to be desired, but talk about potential.....

Read it here: http://www.cybermodeler.com/news/revell.shtml

Scooterman

If it's not too much $$$, bash with a SCUD launcher for a mobile Babylon Gun...........

jcf

Quote from: Scooterman on September 18, 2011, 08:58:19 PM
If it's not too much $$$, bash with a SCUD launcher for a mobile Babylon Gun...........

Something like this?
;D
Gerry Bull Special from the '08 One-Week build.

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,20782.0.html

PR19_Kit

They could do well with re-issuing the entire Renwall range!

I built the Ontos umpteen years ago, and I think that's already been re-released, but the one I always wanted to make was the big 6" (?) SP gun with the open rear compartment. The 'Invisble Glue' idea was well before its time, and never has been repeated by any one else AFAIK.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 18, 2011, 11:56:16 PM
They could do well with re-issuing the entire Renwall range!

I built the Ontos umpteen years ago,

I found that underneath the Christmas tree one year and had it built by tea time. Fond memories
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sequoiaranger

>the one I always wanted to make was the big 6" (?) SP gun with the open rear compartment. <

Ah, yes, I remember "Big Shot". It was an 8" SP Howitzer.

I built almost the whole Renwal line, but the "Terracruzer" was too expensive (and huge). Now, was it Renwal that made the "Battling Betsy"--very large motorized tank model whose cannon actually fired projectiles as the turret swung back and forth? You had to build ALL the requisite machinery, gears, gun mechanisms, etc.?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sequoiaranger on September 19, 2011, 07:54:59 AM
>the one I always wanted to make was the big 6" (?) SP gun with the open rear compartment. <

Ah, yes, I remember "Big Shot". It was an 8" SP Howitzer.

YES! That's the one!  :thumbsup:

Now I REALLY wish they'd re-pop that one, now that I've seen the box lid again, thanks very much.  :cheers:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

You know, I could swear I've seen that boxtop in a model shop recently. Maybe it has been reissued, and it's been missed?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

jcf

Quote from: pyro-manic on September 19, 2011, 01:51:52 PM
You know, I could swear I've seen that boxtop in a model shop recently. Maybe it has been reissued, and it's been missed?

Yep, reissued earlier this year:
http://www.revell.com/model-kits/military/85-7855.html

pyro-manic

PR19_Kit

Doesn't seem to have crossed the Atlantic sadly, no mention of it on Big H's list. There's one on ebay, but the postage charges are almost the same as the Buy Now price, around £17.00!

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

I think it must have been Plastic Pastimes where I saw it - perhaps give them a bell and ask? The other possibility is Setchfields, also in Poole.

kitnut617

Quote from: pyro-manic on September 19, 2011, 03:46:47 PM
The other possibility is Setchfields, also in Poole.

Ahh! Setchfields --- my old hobby shop, memories there.  Plastic Pastimes was after I left for Canada though --
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Scooterman

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on September 19, 2011, 03:46:47 PM
I think it must have been Plastic Pastimes where I saw it - perhaps give them a bell and ask? The other possibility is Setchfields, also in Poole.

I'll do that, thanks for the tip.

Regards
Kit