This will probably be regarded as heresy by some........

Started by albeback, September 23, 2011, 02:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

I've got an old Air International at home with an article and some artwork. I'll see if I can find it.

What I'm thinking for the Skyvan is that you could reduce the span of the individual wings to the point where they didn't need bracing, then use the redundant tailplanes to make pylons to mount the engines amidships.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Yes, it DOES look like a tandem winged Skyvan with the engines in the middle.  ;D

Thanks for the link, I'll be off to download that right now.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

The other thing that struck me is that you could make it out of Dornier Do-28/Do-228 and/or OV-10 Bronco bits.

- Indiana Jones

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: Overkiller on September 24, 2011, 10:10:04 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2011, 09:37:04 AM
WHAT is that Robert???  :o

Lockheed Martin box wing KC-X Advanced Mobility Aircraft (AMA) concept

:cheers:

Duncan

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 24, 2011, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 24, 2011, 09:19:18 AM
You could do it like this;

WHAT is that Robert???  :o

What Duncan said   :mellow:

Could be a tandem wing, biplane, or anything else you want to call it.  I can imaging one half of the VC-10 tailplane protruding from the top wingtip connection on both sides just to be different.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

albeback

Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Old Wombat

"This will probably be regarded as heresy by some........"

.................................... How the blazes does someone come up with a thread title like that here on a site populated by modelling heretics & sinners? :blink:

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 26, 2011, 12:36:02 AM

.................................... How the blazes does someone come up with a thread title like that here on a site populated by modelling heretics & sinners? :blink:

HERESY??

In this specific case, it's not heresy, it's creative imagination and should be applauded 

Heresy is a word from the vocabulary of the Rivet Counters (JMNs)  and therefore should   rarely  be  necessary  in polite conversation in Whiffworld. Everything we do is heretical and an anathema to  the ranks of the pedantic.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

raafif

Attention sicko's, weirdo's & perverts .....

Heresy for us is building a kit out of the box, no mods, in the colour scheme shown in the instructions / boxtop and using the kit decals.

Now that's what I call going straight  :lol:
you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

RussC

Quote from: raafif on September 26, 2011, 05:02:12 PM
Attention sicko's, weirdo's & perverts .....

Heresy for us is building a kit out of the box, no mods, in the colour scheme shown in the instructions / boxtop and using the kit decals.

Now that's what I call going straight  :lol:

Or worse yet, buying it pre-painted and marked and snapping it together glue-less with our own little nose pickers... :blink:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

albeback

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 26, 2011, 12:36:02 AM

;D ;D Couldn't think of anything better!! I fully expected to meet the fate of all heretics by even THINKING of chopping a model of Vickers finest!!
Loves JMNs but could never eat a whole one!!

Stargazer

True, true, y'all... BUT... isn't the transformation of a very rare plastic kit into a whif another form of heresy? A kit that many people would pay a lot for and you prefer to cut it into pieces for a special project? Just a thought.

Rheged

Quote from: Stargazer2006 on September 29, 2011, 05:28:24 AM
True, true, y'all... BUT... isn't the transformation of a very rare plastic kit into a whif another form of heresy? A kit that many people would pay a lot for and you prefer to cut it into pieces for a special project? Just a thought.

I tend to adopt the philosophy of live and let live. Remember that like the dung beetle, the horned slug and the politician; the collector does  have a place in  polystyrene ecology. Personally, I'd rather have a kit on the workbench rather than a box on the shelf but I suppose that "one man's fish is another man's poisson"  (or something like that)
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet