Curtiss B-20D Vulture

Started by TomZ, October 02, 2011, 10:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomZ

I just completed my Curtiss B-20D Vulture. The Vulture was developed in 1941 by Curtiss as a development of the British Avro Lancaster in order to produce a bomber for the USAAC which was better able to survive in a hostile environment than the too lightly armed Boeing B-17C and D.

More on my site:  http://www.airwar1946.nl/whif/L46-b20.htm

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

PR19_Kit

Oh yes!  :thumbsup:

That's excellent, both in modelling and thought process too, nice one.  :bow: :bow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sequoiaranger

"Privateer" engines, B-17 tail. I think the nose might be over-crowded with the "ball" turret there (better maybe to have the "remote" twins there, and the ball turret where the "remote" was!).

:thumbsup:
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

LemonJello

Very cool.  And you can never have too many guns for self defense in my book.
The Corps is a department of the Navy? Yeah, the Men's department.

kitbasher

Very interesting - and how odd a Lanc looks with a single fin and rudder!
Now if I were to build my take on this I'd use P-40B Allisons and maybe a Blenheim IV rearwards firing turret, but that's just a preference thing.
Well done!
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Very nice - a Yankified Lanc!  :thumbsup:

Now you need to do an Limey Forty: B-17 with Merlins and .303 turrets everywhere.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Pablo1965

Quote from: Weaver on October 02, 2011, 12:32:21 PM
Very nice - a Yankified Lanc!  :thumbsup:

Now you need to do an Limey Forty: B-17 with Merlins and .303 turrets everywhere.... :wacko:

I was thinking the same thing. Well done, and very nice.

RussC

Great concept. It might be hard to reciprocate since RAF Bomber and Coastal Command had both B-17's and 24's plus flew B-29's designated as "Washingtons" postwar.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Weaver

Quote from: RussC on October 02, 2011, 02:11:16 PM
Great concept. It might be hard to reciprocate since RAF Bomber and Coastal Command had both B-17's and 24's plus flew B-29's designated as "Washingtons" postwar.

Yes, but not with Merlins, twin tails and .303s.... ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Arc3371

Interesting idea and well executed

Geoff

Quote from: Weaver on October 02, 2011, 03:17:36 PM
Quote from: RussC on October 02, 2011, 02:11:16 PM

Yes, but not with Merlins, twin tails and .303s.... ;)

Quad .303's

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.