Ta-183 * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, October 16, 2011, 05:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Yes it's me again  :rolleyes: - Only completed one What If build for the entire year until now (http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,32936.0/highlight,f-107.html), this F-107 is all I had to show for the year. Started the Defender AH.1 and finished the Vichy Buffalo only very recently.

Was casting around for another 'easy-to-build - challenging-to-paint' project when I realised that next to the Buffalo in the stash/pile, was the Tamiya boxing of the 1:48 AMTech Ta-183... perfect  :thumbsup: - at the moment I'm torn between a desert camouflaged one, to accompany my 'Italian Me262' and 'DAF Meteor' (both are in my folder in the gallery section); OR a 'grey' one with a camouflage based on the JG.1 Bf109G's or He219/Ta154 nightfighters.

Before I went away on my (latest) course last week, I had time to spray the interior (very) dark grey, and on this Friday morning, because I was already spraying the aforementioned Defender AH.1, I was able to get the RLM02 onto the u/c bays and gear. Should be able to start getting it together, a wee bit-at-time this week in the evenings. No pics yet, will start getting those 'up' before next weekend, dependant upon any progress - bear-in-mind my rate of progress is usually akin to a glacier-with-a-limp !!

AFN

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Once I'd painted the cockpit and added the generic (Eduard) seatbelts, you wouldn't believe how quickly this little thing has fallen together. As you see it here, there's no filler, nor rubbing down been done. I have cut'n dropped the flaps and built-up the insides with some thin plastic-card. Other than that and the 11pence (2 x 5p & 1 x 1p) I cyano'd to the roof of the nose-wheel bay, this is all OoB.

As ever, thanks for looking, all comments, criticism and questions welcome.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Pablo1965

Well, I like it... by now, hehehehe.   Criticism,  I am thinking in that but ....  over what? :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

Nice work on a beautiful kit.

:thumbsup:

dumaniac

Ian

looks good to a club handed modeller like me - looking forward to the next installment

Bernie

NARSES2

Decided which way you are going with the finish yet Ian ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Still torn, but because a grey/grey camo is really hard to do, erm... differently, then I will probably go with that. I LUV Luftwaffe desert schemes - truth is I really enjoy painting all desert schemes - but the challenge of doing something interesting with just a couple of greys is pushing me that way.

All I need to do is find a way of making it 'W O W'

Hopefully get some time tomorrow and on Friday to get the PSR done, and an undercoat ready for painting the week after. As I've got a fair bit of leave booked in early November there's a definite possibility that I may get it done for Telford along with the little Defender AH.1... no promises, as usual.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Next stop.... the paint shed !!

Looks like I'll be setting a speed record with this one !!

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Pre shading done:

More mid-week.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Daryl J.

Pablo1965

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Tomorrow I have the day pretty-much to m'self, so will be assaulting the poor wee thing with paint first thing in the morning. May even get two coats on, assuming I use the Lifecolour acrylics !!

More soon.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Ian the Kiwi Herder

First coat of camouflage on:

Lifecolour acrylic RLM 76in two thin coats, sprayed through my trusty Iwata Revolution BR at around 16-18psi. I'll give it a coat or two of Johnsons Kleer/Future, then spray the next coat on Friday.

AFN

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)