Ta-183 * * F I N I S H E D * *

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, October 16, 2011, 05:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Pablo1965

RussC

Coming together nicely. Am very curious to see how you mark this beauty. A lot of Huckebiens' get gaudy additions, similar often to a close resemblance aircraft, the American F-86. Others have been built showing incomplete painted craft pushed into battle. The 183 is a unique little canvas.
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

Allan

Ian
Great modelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any tips on using Lifecolor to good effect? I'm all ears.
The Huckbein is a wonderful plane and I always have a peek when someone comes up with a completed model.
Allan in Canberra

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Allan on November 02, 2011, 09:36:32 PMIan, Any tips on using Lifecolor to good effect? I'm all ears.

Allan
Spraying Lifecolor's is a joy, it really is, but there's a trick to thinning:

Attendez  ;)

Go buy a bottle of de-ionized water and a bottle of windscreen cleaner (I dont know what the Australian equivelent of Halfords is, but I'm certain there will be one). Mix these two 50/50. Then thin your Lifecolour roughly 70/30 with the 'mix'... This should give you the perfect consistency for spraying. Trust me  :thumbsup:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

RussC

Interesting...you just said the recipe for the Laser mirrors cleaning solution we used to use in the semiconductor labs at IBM.  :mellow:
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

pyro-manic

Looking good so far!

Re. Lifecolour paints, I hand-painted my Fw190E with them, and they went on very nicely indeed. I used the Lifecolour thinner (that came in the set with the paints) and it worked just fine. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Allan

Ian,
Thanks for the intel...I'll give it a go using the car windscreen washer fluid I have and some soft Canberra rainwater instead of the demineralized water..I think the latter is distilled water??
Allan in Canberra

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK, I've been drinking, not much but quite fast, hence when I sprayed this around twenty mins ago I forgot to re-attach the diffuser to my airbrush  :banghead: - I really can spray mottle much tighter than you see here... I'll go back and tidy-it-up on Monday !!

AFN

:drink:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Pablo1965

Rise in light colors, and realistic, if possible. COOL  :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Daryl J.

Isn't the Ta-183 a gem of a kit?    I've never glued the wings in on mine, have removed them dozens of times, and they consistently replace tightly and perfectly.  Unbelievable.
Nice job!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Allan

gee whiz, that mottling is just so jaw-droppingly, stunningly, amazingly deft
really, Ian, you and Matrixone are truly the masters of the mottle
and all done with Lifecolor acrylic, which makes your wonderful result so much more amazing
can't want for more installments of this build
keep the piccies coming, Ian
Allan in Canberra

dumaniac