Main Menu
R

Hello

Started by Rhaven Blaack, October 20, 2011, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhaven Blaack

Greetings to all and to all hello.

I am new here. I do have to say that this is a very interesting forum. I do belong to two other forums (www.papermodelers.com and www.zealot.com).
I am strongly into paper modeling (both scratch and kit). Most of my work is SCI-FI based. I will start posting my work once I have fully figured out this forum.
Yes. I am fully open to constructive criticism and to suggestions on my work.

I look forward to getting to know as many people here as possible.

Thank you for having me here.

Pablo1965

Quote from: Rhaven Blaack on October 20, 2011, 01:36:16 PM
Greetings to all and to all hello.

I am new here. I do have to say that this is a very interesting forum. I do belong to two other forums (www.papermodelers.com and www.zealot.com).
I am strongly into paper modeling (both scratch and kit). Most of my work is SCI-FI based. I will start posting my work once I have fully figured out this forum.
Yes. I am fully open to constructive criticism and to suggestions on my work.

I look forward to getting to know as many people here as possible.

Thank you for having me here.

took a couple of years here, posting my models, and I'm still a rookie and intrusive enough to welcome you, but you are welcome. I wish you luck.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Rhaven Blaack

Thank you both for the warm welcome.

BTW, how do I add an avatar to my profile?

Pablo1965

Quote from: Rhaven Blaack on October 20, 2011, 01:49:20 PM

go to profiles on the taskbar and then look at the left column

The Rat

Welcome aboard! We have another member who often uses cardboard for whiffing purposes, so you'll fit right in.  ;D

Quote from: Rhaven Blaack on October 20, 2011, 01:49:20 PMBTW, how do I add an avatar to my profile?

One rule is no naked women. All such images are to be sent to me for, um, disposal.  :blink:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on October 20, 2011, 03:12:22 PM
One rule is no naked women. All such images are to be sent to me for, um, disposal.  :blink:

Ahah, so that's where they all went!  ;D

Nice to see you here Rhaven Blaack, pull up a seat and enjoy yourself.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

RussC

Welcome Rhaven!

A fellow card modelmaker-
"Build what YOU want, the way YOU want to"  - Al Superczynski

rickshaw

Welcome.  I look forward to your contributions.  Card models always amaze me.
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Cobra

Welcome! can't wait to see What You'll Post! Dan

Rhaven Blaack

Quote from: Pablo1965 on October 20, 2011, 02:01:27 PM
Quote from: Rhaven Blaack on October 20, 2011, 01:49:20 PM

go to profiles on the taskbar and then look at the left column

I looked at the column, but did not see anything about adding a personal avatar. I did see "add picture" but it did not have any options for adding a personal picture.

RussC

This happened to me when I joined last month, only selections available were some likenesses of actors- no way to put up a picture of our own choice. I left it out and started participating and when I saw this "go to the left column" advice given you today Rhaven, I went to see if it worked and now there was a entry browse space available to add a personal file picture, another to grab one from a host site and also add a tag line box, which was not there before. So I tried each and they do work.

I wonder if new members do not see the frills for awhile? Makes no sense to have that as a feature though------

NARSES2

Quote from: rickshaw on October 20, 2011, 05:46:08 PM
Welcome.  I look forward to your contributions.  Card models always amaze me.

Ditto that from e as well
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

overscan

Quote from: RussC on October 21, 2011, 02:18:24 AM
This happened to me when I joined last month, only selections available were some likenesses of actors- no way to put up a picture of our own choice. I left it out and started participating and when I saw this "go to the left column" advice given you today Rhaven, I went to see if it worked and now there was a entry browse space available to add a personal file picture, another to grab one from a host site and also add a tag line box, which was not there before. So I tried each and they do work.

I wonder if new members do not see the frills for awhile? Makes no sense to have that as a feature though------

This is correct, and deliberate, as at least one one hacker attack on the forum software used a malicious file uploaded as an avatar. Therefore users can't choose a custom avatar until they've made a few posts. Any would be spammers or hackers will hopefully either give up before then or reveal themselves by posting rubbish.
Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

RussC

Quote from: overscan on October 21, 2011, 02:53:52 AM
Quote from: RussC on October 21, 2011, 02:18:24 AM

This is correct, and deliberate, as at least one one hacker attack on the forum software used a malicious file uploaded as an avatar. Therefore users can't choose a custom avatar until they've made a few posts. Any would be spammers or hackers will hopefully either give up before then or reveal themselves by posting rubbish.

I see.  :thumbsup: